Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 34
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    747
    I could care less if someone can spell. with this market u should be happy if he can provide u with steady work. Is he from jersey? I might have to start looking around, my job is getting really slow.

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    phoenix, arizona
    Posts
    1,128
    Hehehe, you guys ever try to read medical doctors writing?
    Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H.L. Hunt

    "In order that people may be happy in their work, these three things are needed: They must be fit for it. They must not do too much of it. And they must have a sense of success in it." John uskin

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Tucson, Az
    Posts
    337
    Pretty much just the dumbing down of America.
    Jim
    Tucson, Az
    Keeping the Ice Cream Frozen!

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    12,181
    It matters on resumes submitted to me.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Toledo, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    12,910
    Twilli says JR BossModerator too?
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    12,181
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    18,344
    Quote Originally Posted by btcstudenthvacr View Post
    Yes the employer, and under skilled trades in a local ad.
    I doubt if the employer typed the ad into the newspaper computer. Probably a teen aged intern.
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  8. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South central WI
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by timebuilder View Post
    I doubt if the employer typed the ad into the newspaper computer. Probably a teen aged intern.
    Skilled trades section of a popular "list" No interns. I would bet my life on it.
    The more I learn the smarter I work.

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    18,344
    Quote Originally Posted by btcstudenthvacr View Post
    Skilled trades section of a popular "list" No interns. I would bet my life on it.
    Would you bet, for example, that the ad was not placed from the hiring manager's home computer, by his seventh grader while he dictated the text from his seat on the couch?

    What I'm suggesting is that there are many explanations for a misspelling today.
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  10. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South central WI
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by timebuilder View Post
    Would you bet, for example, that the ad was not placed from the hiring manager's home computer, by his seventh grader while he dictated the text from his seat on the couch?

    What I'm suggesting is that there are many explanations for a misspelling today.
    Is business ethic having your 7th grader post an ad for you? Explanations yes, excuses no.
    Spelling matters, it's an example of yourself.
    If your going to be a "Boss", be one.
    Take the time to spell a clear concise ad.
    I have to take the time to write a resume if, I want to be a employee.
    The more I learn the smarter I work.

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    12,181
    Quote Originally Posted by btcstudenthvacr View Post
    Is business ethic having your 7th grader post an ad for you? Explanations yes, excuses no.
    Spelling matters, it's an example of yourself.
    If your going to be a "Boss", be one.
    Take the time to spell a clear concise ad.
    I have to take the time to write a resume if, I want to be a employee.
    Punctuation error. -5.




    Sorry. Couldn't resist.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South central WI
    Posts
    257
    I'm pausing for a reason.
    The more I learn the smarter I work.

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South central WI
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbenny View Post
    Punctuation error. -5.




    Sorry. Couldn't resist.
    Subject to employer employee job agreement.
    LOL
    The more I learn the smarter I work.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event