Alerton Ibex3700

Does the Ibex 3700 dialup software still exist?

I've been asked to work on a very old IBEX3500 system that was upgraded to IBEX for windows back in 1995.

It was run by a chief engineer that thought he new what he was doing. Now, he's gone and the owner is stuck with a big sh*t sandwich.

The techs at the building claim he was able to control the building from home.

I originally thought he was using pcanywhere or some other software, but can't find any installed on IBEX PC.

Now I'm suspecting there is a modem on a controller somewhere in the building.

Any help you guys can come up with on this would really help a very screwed poor building owner.
    TIA
    Auto

My mistake guys. Alerton system was installed in 1995 and upgraded to IBEX for windows around 2001.

Hundreds of TUX-450's, with APLC's and APEX's all over the place.

Very poor programming.... Not one subroutine was used! And no one bothered to document the DDC logic.

Quote Originally Posted by AutoPilot View Post
    My mistake guys. Alerton system was installed in 1995 and upgraded to IBEX for windows around 2001.

Hundreds of TUX-450's, with APLC's and APEX's all over the place.

Very poor programming.... Not one subroutine was used! And no one bothered to document the DDC logic.
    We still use the 3700 dial up software but why are you after the 3700 dial up software if the site was upgraded to IFW.

You best bet is to locate the Apex that has the modem connected to it check that, that is working then make sure the phone line is still connected and working.

How can I connect to the APEX without the IBEX 3700 Software?

There's no phone line or modem at the PC.

Do you have any manuals on IFW?

Thanks
    Auto

Quote Originally Posted by AutoPilot View Post
    How can I connect to the APEX without the IBEX 3700 Software?

There's no phone line or modem at the PC.

Do you have any manuals on IFW?

Thanks
    Auto
    Hi mate,

(There's no phone line or modem at the PC.) the modem will be connected to one of the apex controllers and the phone line will be connected to the modem. Is there no software ( IFW or 3700 ) on the PC you are talking about.
    If not, do you have a copy of the upgraded IFW job info eg: Displays DDC by reloading 3700 or IFW would only enable you to view the DDC in text format from the Apex or Tux DDC editer. There is a attachment of the 3700 PC modem connection. What IFW mauals where you after?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I could use any manuals on IBEX for Windows.

There is a a PC with IFW installed at the site, but no modem on that PC.

What Software is used to connect to an APEX via modem?

If you want to connect via remote dial up you need the same software that is on the site PC, and you need the job data base. So you would need Ibex for windows installed on the machine you will use for dial up, that machine will need a modem connected to it. In saying that you first need to get your site PC sorted, like I said before the modem and phone line needs to be working. I'll send you the APDS pragraming manual.