DELTA controls DAC-633

I have just had a remodel at 2 of the schools in the Town and i have had some problems or miscommunication with installer. I need to know how to test a controller to find out that its bad. Installer tells me if i reset it a few times and it still won't hold power ( i unplug power inputs and wait then plug back in controller powers up no problem then within a hour shuts down) not viewable with Orcaview. I tried to load flash all is the right ver. Also installer told me once a controller is bad put it in the trash there is no repairing of these controllers..... Come on there has to be a few steps i can take to make sure the controller is bad seems like such a waste of money throwing these controllers away.... Thank you

If after cycling power you can keep it online long enough to flash it to 137297(assuming its version 3.30) then that will usually fix it. If it's a version other than 3.30 you will need to replace it. If your a Delta partner,they will repair DAC's if you get an RMA.

Delta control 633

Thanks for the response, i have V3.33 and there is no way to test the controller, just throw it away?? seems wrong. I wonder the town will probally have to get set up as a partner then. thanks any links on these controls, trouble shootin, recalled controls would be helpful ....

I know of no way to test or field repair these controllers. If it's been installed for less than a year, you should be able to file a warranty claim. If not, be sure you have a database backup on the hard drive and replace it. It's not a bad idea to have the bad one repaired by Delta and keep it on the shelf as a spare.

Exactly my point, installer says throw away and buy new ones threw them surprise surprise. thanks ill have to investigate how the town gets setup to send them to delta. thanks for your reply

Quote Originally Posted by Zymurgist View Post
    If after cycling power you can keep it online long enough to flash it to 137297(assuming its version 3.30) then that will usually fix it. If it's a version other than 3.30 you will need to replace it. If your a Delta partner,they will repair DAC's if you get an RMA.
    Were can I get a copy of that firmware you reference? 137297
    Are you a partner?

I do have a CON768 and I think i have the flash loader software some were, i will have to rumage through my stuff again.
    UA Local 141

Quote Originally Posted by HVAC ME View Post
    I have just had a remodel at 2 of the schools in the Town and i have had some problems or miscommunication with installer. I need to know how to test a controller to find out that its bad. Installer tells me if i reset it a few times and it still won't hold power ( i unplug power inputs and wait then plug back in controller powers up no problem then within a hour shuts down) not viewable with Orcaview. I tried to load flash all is the right ver. Also installer told me once a controller is bad put it in the trash there is no repairing of these controllers..... Come on there has to be a few steps i can take to make sure the controller is bad seems like such a waste of money throwing these controllers away.... Thank you
    If you have to get the device to stay online in an emergency I have wrote a timed load from flash command in one of the PG's but it is very temporary especially if you can not stay online for more then an hour, until i can get a replacement.

Another thing.

Remove the communications trunk between the controllers and see how long it stays online.

Check the power circuits for voltage transiets.
    Are you using a 120 to 24 volt transformer?

Refer to page 51 of the Delta wiring and installations guidelines v1.1.
    Last edited by berg2666; 12-10-2008 at 08:12 PM.
    UA Local 141