+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is this?

Post Likes

What is this?

Old hussman 502 freezer. The canister on top of the accumalator with the bolts and psi tap, is it a removalable core suction line filter/dryer or is it something else?

Post Likes
    Looks like a filter/drier from where I'm sitting

Post Likes
    I also agree on a filter drier

Post Likes
    you got it buddy...

I installed one of them once.....

Its a filter dryer. All of em are mounted vertically like that. Just like an oil filter on a fuel oil system.

Why do you ask? Somethin wrong with it? Or are you just verifying your assumption?
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Post Likes

Talking filter drier

makes for easy removal of drier core block inside.. you can simply pump down unbolt top (there is a spring in there) and replace core.. usually added where you know you will be changing drier a couple times...Burnout etc...there are actually different cores to put in 1 for acid removal.,, etc
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    you got it buddy...

I installed one of them once.....

Its a filter dryer. All of em are mounted vertically like that. Just like an oil filter on a fuel oil system.

Why do you ask? Somethin wrong with it? Or are you just verifying your assumption?
    No, nothing wrong with it. I did work on it a while back and at that time i was like "what the heck is that". Now that i have a decent camera phone and i was there yesterday working on something else. I decided to take a pic and see if you guys thought it was a suction dryer too.

Post Likes
    Looks like a Superior to me.

Post Likes
    I'm sure those cores are more expensive than a sweat drier but it sure beats hauling your torches on the roof.

Post Likes
    Could be an Alco or Henry also...Can be used with suction type filter or dryer cores can be used, (fine mesh screen a must) after a burnout. Best way to get the acid and moisture out of mid sized conventional units. The liquid dryer core and oil can be changed a couple times along with your liquid line dryer, then replace liquid core with suction filter or no core at all.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by moe663 View Post
    I'm sure those cores are more expensive than a sweat drier but it sure beats hauling your torches on the roof.
    Yes they are more exspensive but most of the customers I have dont' complain, what they spend extra for the core they save in labor, dont' have to lug torches to the roof and is much faster to changeout in my opinion.
    Love makes the world go around but cash pays the bills

Post Likes
    Yes they are much more convenient when piped properly with isolation valves. If you have a burnout or moisture condition you can just shut the valves isolating the canister and change the drier core and pull a vacuum from the "psi port" rather then pulling the whole system down. Especially good fro compressor changes you can go back a few hours after first run time and remove the burnout core.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mark itziro View Post
    Looks like a Superior to me.
    Bingo! You don't see many of those any more.

Post Likes
    Yea, only two stores I have serviced have em. The local supply house doesn't carry cores for them in stock anymore. Have to special order them in.

Post Likes
    looks like one of those suction line hyper thrust bearings that increases the suction vapor mass flow rate to force it through the accumulator, but only during low load periods.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase Loss View Post
    looks like one of those suction line hyper thrust bearings that increases the suction vapor mass flow rate to force it through the accumulator, but only during low load periods.
    Yes, thats what i was thinking..

Post Likes
    that looks like the kind I saw an older tech put a roll of toilet paper in once. that was a long time ago. He put the real thing in later. Anyone ever heard of that before?

Post Likes
    Only if the system is contaminated with S**T. but dont go cheap, buy the good stuff.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in