SIT820 Nova valve

hi,

new member. have only found one post in 2004 on this item.

i need to acquire a Nova SIT 820, propane converted, valve for my Majestic 360DVS2 fireplace.

any leads on where to buy. i live in New Hampshire.

thanks for any help

Jim Sullivan

Frankly, that's a pretty reliable valve. Are you SURE you have had a problem with the valve diagnosed by a competent person?

A competent person should be able to get and install the valve for you.

The logic of the above two paragraphs suggests that you are trying to DIY here, or don't have a competent person involved. If so, that's very likely a mistake.

Contact your nearest Majestic dealer. There is a dealer locator on their webpage.

hi,

thanks for the replies.

i have had both the local Majestic outlet service guy (who says it is a draft problem, and he dosn't do that kind of work) and my propane supplier service guy (who says i need to replace the valve after metering it during shut down and finding what he thinks is a coil problem on the pilot side) check the unit. am out $180 for the two opinions. propane guy is trying to get valve, but two weeks have gone by, and no luck from him. i figured i might get involved and try to find the valve.

jim

Quote Originally Posted by jimsullnh View Post
    hi,

thanks for the replies.

i have had both the local Majestic outlet service guy (who says it is a draft problem, and he dosn't do that kind of work) and my propane supplier service guy (who says i need to replace the valve after metering it during shut down and finding what he thinks is a coil problem on the pilot side) check the unit. am out $180 for the two opinions. propane guy is trying to get valve, but two weeks have gone by, and no luck from him. i figured i might get involved and try to find the valve.

jim

All right --- the propane guy and the Majestic repair guy both ought to be able to diagnose a problem. Sorry they don't agree on what the problem is.

What kind of a venting problem did the fireplace guy say you were having? He really ought to be the expert. Frankly, I avoided doing repairs to vent system when I was repairing fireplace as well.

Was the propane guy specific about what kind of a "coil problem" he found?

What are the symptoms of the problem you are having? I'm guessing you are having repeated pilot outages --- if so, is the direct vent for the fireplace exposed to high winds? It's not especially uncommon for new direct vent equipment not to have been installed correctly, allowing winds to blow out pilots. I'd be a lot more suspicious of that than a bad gas valve.

It wasn't unusual for it to take several weeks to get parts I didn't stock when I was doing fireplace repairs. As suggested, ordering the part from a a distributor who supplies the fireplaces to retailers is usually a reliable way to get the part you need. Often the user manual for the fireplace will have a list of parts and the manufacturer's part number for those parts. That makes ordering the part from a distributor easier.