Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ThermoPride OH6 oil furnace - FANTASTIC!!!

I had a Thermopride OH6 with ECM motor and I want to throw some good press their way for making a fantastic furnace.

It is oil fired with a single stage Riello burner (2 stage is available but I passed on it)

I got the ECM motor. Love it. It comes on slowly and I no longer have a blast of cold air when the furnace first starts.

I am running a Honeywell Vision IAQ Pro and it was easy to install.

According to the oil company, it is running 87% efficient with a flue temp about 360 -380 deg (something like that - at work I don't have the actual spec)

Compared to my previous furnace which had a flue temp of over 680 deg!!! this thing is far more efficient.

I like the fact that the Riello I got with it has a port on it to hook up a fresh air input. I am concidering doing that and closing my 12" x24" fresh air vent a saving some money!

It also is very quiet - at least compared to what I had before.

It stands only 46" tall.

For the month I have had it, it has been great.

Thanks guys at ThermoPride for such an outstanding unit.

Definitely worth the money for them. Highly recommend them to anyone wanting the highest efficiency furnace without goig to a condensing coil unit.

Frank

Good for you that heating oil prices didn't climb to over $4 per gallon which is what it was looking like this past summer when gasoline was at a record high price.

Take care.

Not to mention that when we took out the 1958 General Motors furnace we found the heat exchanger had rusted and a hole was found in the top. We were getting some exhaust gases into the house I am sure.

then again 50 years isn't that bad of a service life....

PROUDLY made in Denton NC

and that other place

in Ohio

you'll not get a better oil furnace
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

We've got the same set up with the piped in combustion air and it saves on infiltration big time. Great furnace. Our net stack temp runs about 335 deg at 90.1 efficiency.

On our third year here's two things to watch for: gasket between burner and heat exchanger as provided didn't adequately seal when firing for long periods and required replacement at 2 years; and this year for the first time (just prior to annual service) the flame sensor safety punched out and required reset--bit of sooting on the electrodes that a clean and nozzle replacement (we're running .5 gph) remedied.

Agreed on the 'Pride, I keep the damned thing waxed and show it to anyone who comes over! It helps huge that we had a great installing contractor.

why did you select the single stage Riello burner over the 2-stage Riello?

Confused

Quote Originally Posted by kelterbm View Post
    why did you select the single stage Riello burner over the 2-stage Riello?
    Most likely because
    he was _ Flying Too High
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Quote Originally Posted by dave davis View Post
    We've got the same set up with the piped in combustion air and it saves on infiltration big time. Great furnace. Our net stack temp runs about 335 deg at 90.1 efficiency.
    Doubt that.
    If its at 90% combustion efficiency. Its condensing. And its not designed to do that.
    Sounds like someone fudged the numbers. Or misread teh numbers.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by dan sw fl View Post
    Most likely because
    he was _ Flying Too High
    Basically, I didn't feel that heating at a slower rate was worth it for the size and conditions I have. Also, It was already getting expensive and I also felt that this is a rather new technology for a home unit. I didn't want to be a 'Beta' tester of it and see what kind of longevity it had. The single was already a proven technology so that's what I got.

Sooooo much more efficient than the old one and with how high prices went last year, i was happy to have it.

Fly2High or Dave Davis, Any update on the performance and durability of the Thermo Pride OH6? I'm seriously considering this furnace with a Riello and the ECM blower and can't seem to get any feed back about this unit.

Quote Originally Posted by akbrian View Post
    Fly2High or Dave Davis, Any update on the performance and durability of the Thermo Pride OH6? I'm seriously considering this furnace with a Riello and the ECM blower and can't seem to get any feed back about this unit.
    From 26 month ago???

Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    From 26 month ago???
    Apparently. It's always nice to hear opinions about something after it's been in service for some length time, the longer the better. Five or Ten years would be nice, but if the best I can do is 26 months, I'm still interested in listening. Thanks for the response.

Thumbs up Mfg Warranty Dept.

Quote Originally Posted by akbrian View Post
    Apparently. It's always nice to hear opinions about something after it's been in service for some length time, the longer the better. Five or Ten years would be nice, but if the best I can do is 26 months, I'm still interested in listening. Thanks for the response.
    http://www.thermopride.com/pdf/PS020002.pdf

http://www.thermopride.com/products/...e-oil-furnaces

Call their Warranty Dept and request records on the specific model you are interested in ?!!

http://www.thermopride.com/contact
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast