Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    using the BNA over Cbus over Lon is not because of network performance. cbus on lon makes things harder for the tech. good old cbus on a BNA is simple, reload the controller and your done.

XBS uppgrade to EBI Honeywell

Any news on the CDI tool

could anyone offer me some support on a small project ?

The CDI tool is available only for the branch offices.

I work in a large hospital in Australia we have lots of Honeywell gear Hpep xl500 and Xl800
    and Comfortpoint. We have converted on building from xbs to Ebi and it is terrible and slow.
    We are now getting the rest of the buildings converted to Ebi and I dread that.
    Also we were one of the first to get comfort point and it is rubbish compared to xl800.
    Our comfort has no memory so if you make an offset and have a power failure it looses it.I also don't like that you can't make an offset using ebi I have to take a laptop to the controller to do any changes.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenglenn View Post
    I also don't like that you can't make an offset using ebi I have to take a laptop to the controller to do any changes.
    Stevenglenn, FYI... If you have EBI R400, I believe a maintenance patch just came out in August that fixes the calibration offset feature. Tell your installer you know the patch is available and want this feature fixed (that you already payed for).

XBS uppgrade to EBI Honeywell

Quote Originally Posted by Roadgod View Post
    Listen to me when I tell you that you'd have to be extremely high to even consider the EBI system! We went the Honeywell hell route of going from XBS to Plantscape to EBI. We have been using EBI for a few years now and the problems with this system are mind boggling! Even the Honeywell techs have no clue on how to solve half of these issues.

Alarms come in and then clear at the buildings and don't clear at the front end unless you click on them. There are tons of CNAP errors. Control point details can't be pulled up on graphics when you are signed into that building's server but you can veiw them going through another building. There are so many issues it's not even funny. It's like it has a mind of its own!

This whole system was created in Australia and they had to do a bunch of code changes to sort of get it to work in the USA. You'll spend more money on tech calls than you could ever imagine. That is if you don't have people on site and even then if they are XBS saavy, they will not have a clue about EBI and once they do they will not want anything to do with it. Sure you have a warranty period, but you'll wind up like us with an ever evolving headache!

XBS is much more user friendly, much easier to build graphics and is far more reliable. EBI is no upgrade! Other than Honeywell no longer supporting XBS, from what I understand, why are you looking to upgrade? How big is your facility?

Finally, EBI is such a flop, Honeywell is already coming out with a new system. Yeah, sure does sound like Microsoft doesn't it? Never get anything running right. Just keep hoping people continue to use your software because you know your technicians will always have work.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I agree with everything you said, I also passing by XBS to EBI I met a lot of problems (especially on dial-up Web_Station). XBS I think certainly more practical and functional. But which new version you refer, "Honeywell is already coming out with a new system" thank you!

Red face EBi

Quote Originally Posted by skider View Post
    I agree with everything you said, I also passing by XBS to EBI I met a lot of problems (especially on dial-up Web_Station). XBS I think certainly more practical and functional. But which new version you refer, "Honeywell is already coming out with a new system" thank you!
    I disagree with everything you say. We use EBi and love it. I installed one in a Automobile factory 10 years ago and its still working. When you mention CNAP you must be talking MicroCels and R7044s. Those system work great when the transmission lines are installed correctly. If your new system is Comfortpoint its just Bacnet controllers to a JACE.

Quote Originally Posted by skider View Post
    I don't know exactly what Roadgod mean,
    but in some cases (smaller projects) you can use the "Open View Net" Q7055B1047
    Just a few months ago "Centraline" launch the Arena with the CLIF.
    CLIF is a BNA but with a another firmware.

Greeting to everyone

We are looking for an expert to coordinate with us in serving a client having XBS LAN server failed due to computer crash, any hope.

Quote Originally Posted by NMBA View Post
    Greeting to everyone

We are looking for an expert to coordinate with us in serving a client having XBS LAN server failed due to computer crash, any hope.
    Use your database backups and install on another computer

Would definately stay away from this scenario. The XBS and EBI don't tend to play well together. I can't wait to rip all the controllers out and start from scratch!!!!

Changing to Johsnon controls

Quote Originally Posted by simux View Post
    Would definately stay away from this scenario. The XBS and EBI don't tend to play well together. I can't wait to rip all the controllers out and start from scratch!!!!
    Starting to phase out Honeywell too expensive for a closed system

I couldn't agree more EBi. I've been installing SymmetrE/EBI since its debut with R100. My clients and I absolutely love it. Most of the trouble lies with people trying to use it without either the proper training or their egos not allowing them to follow instructions. Its bad rep is mainly attributed to word of mouth "sour grapes" attitudes.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast