Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    43

    Thumbs up ABCS Guys I need your help!!

    I recently install several JCI TEC-2104-3 multistage 2H2C with economizer controllers. They work great and they are really an expensive device. My problem is, does anyone know what the ADI or AO info is for the outside air damper? It would really be nice to see what the economiser is dooing without having to go to the unit with a DVM. The prn file JCI points you to is a generic "fits all" so that's no help. TIA for any information.............rrh

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Somewhere, WI
    Posts
    351
    I have a couple prn's for tec's but none for 2104, I can email to you if you want. It looks like they don't use AO points, only ADI's. Try adding ADI points until you have a value match.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    43

    Hmm TEC-2104-3

    I figured since this is a vendor item they (Viconics) would not use an AO like JCI equipment. I don't need it to be writeable either. I have tried numerous ADI #'s with no success but I thought some of you guys may have come across this problem................rrh

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Taxachuesetts
    Posts
    203

    TEC-2104-3

    Never used that stat but sure looks like some dropped the ball. I would want the damper command and the minimum position setpoint. Call Viconics directly and see whats up, then press your JCI rep.

    How high did you map the ADI? The point list stops at 10. Try mapping up to 20.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,333
    Did you check your quicklit?
    UA Local 141

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,333
    Quote Originally Posted by beentheredonethat View Post
    I recently install several JCI TEC-2104-3 multistage 2H2C with economizer controllers. They work great and they are really an expensive device. My problem is, does anyone know what the ADI or AO info is for the outside air damper? It would really be nice to see what the economiser is dooing without having to go to the unit with a DVM. The prn file JCI points you to is a generic "fits all" so that's no help. TIA for any information.............rrh

    What is your supervisory controller it is tied to? N30, pmi, NAE
    Is the point discovered?
    UA Local 141

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    43
    What is quicklit? I have 24-9890-455, Rev C literature. Supervisory device is FX40. I found the mixed air sensor as ADI-11.......................rrh

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Somewhere, WI
    Posts
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by beentheredonethat View Post
    What is quicklit? I have 24-9890-455, Rev C literature. Supervisory device is FX40. I found the mixed air sensor as ADI-11.......................rrh
    Quicklit is a CD containing all of jci's docs on devices, same as on thier website:

    http://cgproducts.johnsoncontrols.co...px?main.aspx&2

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,333
    Quote Originally Posted by beentheredonethat View Post
    What is quicklit? I have 24-9890-455, Rev C literature. Supervisory device is FX40. I found the mixed air sensor as ADI-11.......................rrh


    It has the information for the TEC and also information for the FX40..
    UA Local 141

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    43

    Thanks,,

    Yes to the quicklit question, the name didn't register. That's where I found the 24-9890-455 literature at. Not much info there except that the EC is 0-10 DC output. I'll send my request to the JCI boys and wait for a while. Thanks to everyone for your help............rrh

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,333
    Quote Originally Posted by ddcfreek View Post
    I have a couple prn's for tec's but none for 2104, I can email to you if you want. It looks like they don't use AO points, only ADI's. Try adding ADI points until you have a value match.

    What is a prn?

    Is that what you use for a TEC were you do not direct map them but control them through a CS object.
    UA Local 141

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Somewhere, WI
    Posts
    351
    ".prn" file, it is a file that references point addresses to point names and descriptions for any N2 controller. Takes less time if you have the right one.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,333
    Quote Originally Posted by ddcfreek View Post
    ".prn" file, it is a file that references point addresses to point names and descriptions for any N2 controller. Takes less time if you have the right one.

    Thank you sir
    UA Local 141

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event