+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trane CPL info

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

Trane CPL info

I have browsed old threads and have found some interest in lit on the Trane cpl but have not found anyone that actually found any.

Does anyone have ANY info on Trane cpl? I would be interested in perusing such literature.

Post Likes
    There are some built in programs in the Summit software that you can look at for reference in how the programs function. There is also help in the software to help you with the statements although its not great.

If your still doing your Ipac load shedding and just want to turn off the compressors there is a 95% percent posibility you won't need to do any cpl. You are creating a binary input in the system to pull your lon relay in giving you your demand limit signal. You can reference that point directly into the cooling control action off the controler. If the the action is not correct you can check the reverse polarity box to flip it.

Post Likes
    yup, that would be the simplist way

I may have steered you wrong, im abit partial to CPL.
    Just set your Input up as a Digital In on Summit and bind the value ( as a refencer) to the Cooling Control point in the Ipac config.
    Only reason cpl may be better is that you could have a little bit of flexibilty with the control. Like if your wanted to ignore the load shed command if the space temp was way out of range

Post Likes
    That is exactly what I need to do but not familiar with the cpl comands. I just wanted to review some info before I start this. I have some experience with the IF-THEN-ELSE type comands but not in Summit. Hard to find any info from Trane that they want to keep hidden.

Post Likes
    It really not that Trane hides the info from "outsiders", Im sure someone will dispute this but I think they publish their info fairly well
    I started with them about 6 months ago, and as far as CPL goes there is a little bit of info out there but it is very dated. CPL is old school and alot of the guys dont use it, or if they do it more a copy paste deal for them.
    email me if you need help

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuziwanano View Post
    I have browsed old threads and have found some interest in lit on the Trane cpl but have not found anyone that actually found any.

Does anyone have ANY info on Trane cpl? I would be interested in perusing such literature.
    I have a Trane CPL manual in acrobat format. If you would like it I could email it to you. Send my your email address, mine is in my profile.

Post Likes

Talking

Thanks that would help alot.
    I love reading programming guides

You have mail.

Post Likes
    FWIW,
    There is a Library directory in the Tracer Summit/Library/CPL that gives many examples.
    Also, on your PC: Click on Programs, then Tracer Summit, then Library, then CPL-Custom Programs. A LOT of info there.
    Jogas
    Four wheel therapy, my 1968 Camaro is gone and will be missed

Post Likes

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jcrank View Post
    I have a Trane CPL manual in acrobat format. If you would like it I could email it to you. Send my your email address, mine is in my profile.
    Do you still have the CPL? can you also mail it to me please? Thanks, I highly Appreciate it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jcrank View Post
    Please provide to me as well if available.

Thanks a lot!!!

Post Likes
    you have mail

Post Likes
    Thanks man.
    Last edited by 3DErt; 02-22-2010 at 10:09 AM.

Post Likes
    Hey would you mind sending me that file. Thanks

Post Likes
    could you send me a copy as well

Thanks

Post Likes
    heh I still have one of the old paparback manuals from ver 10 or 11, cant remember. Hope its still in one piece!

Post Likes
    Sorry to wake up a dead thread, but I am also looking for this.
    Does anyone have a pdf of the trane cpl programming guide?
    Thanks
    Ryan

Post Likes
    There are examples in the Summit Software Directory, just look for them.
    In the Summit Library there are examples.
    Here's a couple.
    Jogas
    Four wheel therapy, my 1968 Camaro is gone and will be missed

Post Likes
    Thanks for the reply, but I am looking for a more thorough guide for a customer. Something with a description of all of the commands.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in