Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,964

    How union workers should behave....

    .....especially after the company they worked for can no longer afford to stay in business with overburdened union costs; http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081206/...rkers_takeover
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    4,356

    Where is the "Messiah"......

    ........to save them? Dems own the bail out now, and most supported it from the get. Now everybody with a hard luck story wants a bail out too, ie.."tax payer give me's".
    Ahhhh....gotta love socialism. Ain't it grand, folks!
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,964
    The new prez just might not be as Socialist thinking as he came across during the election. Let's hope not.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    east kansas
    Posts
    8,035
    Where do I get an application for a bail out?

    Momma lied to me. She said work hard, save, and you can buy what you need then want.

    I should just bought everything that I wanted, then not paid the bill.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    4,356
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    The new prez just might not be as Socialist thinking as he came across during the election. Let's hope not.
    Well, that all depends what marching orders BHO receives from Soros, Buffet, and the rest of their ilk. Time will tell......but not that much time.
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    4,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Milk man View Post
    Where do I get an application for a bail out?

    Momma lied to me. She said work hard, save, and you can buy what you need then want.

    I should just bought everything that I wanted, then not paid the bill.
    When you find out where you get those applications, I'll be in line with ya. Might as well get on the teet with everybody else.
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,417
    Typical, demand money from an empty bank freaking idiots. If I owned that factory, I'd turn the power off, but thats just me
    LOVE has four letters

    So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    S.C.
    Posts
    931
    Give it a little more time and we will all be able to afford whatever we want. They will have to move those goods to get that cash flow. Or the auctioneers will be giving it to the highest bider

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Leavenworth KS
    Posts
    310

    more like

    How employers (management) preform. The article states the employees are owed wages. Bank Of America will not allow the window company to pay them. The company broke the Illinois law regarding lay-offs. Sounds like to me the management should be engaged here. Monthly sales dropping by 1.1 million a month should not be the sole reason for a company shut down. More likely overly mortgaged and poor management.

    I would not be going to work and shoveling show and cleaning the facility. If I was owed pay.

    I find this story quite odd. We provided B of A with funds in a bailout. They then chose not to loan out any more funds to this customer. This is why we are in economic down turn.

    I being management at the firm I work for would never try to do any of these things. I have gone several months without pay because of cash flow.The feild staff was always paid on time and never asked to give up things. I became the company operating person almost a year ago. I have operated the service operations for several years.
    Mike

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,417
    Quote Originally Posted by mgould2 View Post
    How employers (management) preform. The article states the employees are owed wages. Bank Of America will not allow the window company to pay them. The company broke the Illinois law regarding lay-offs. Sounds like to me the management should be engaged here. Monthly sales dropping by 1.1 million a month should not be the sole reason for a company shut down. More likely overly mortgaged and poor management.

    I would not be going to work and shoveling show and cleaning the facility. If I was owed pay.

    I find this story quite odd. We provided B of A with funds in a bailout. They then chose not to loan out any more funds to this customer. This is why we are in economic down turn.

    I being management at the firm I work for would never try to do any of these things. I have gone several months without pay because of cash flow.The feild staff was always paid on time and never asked to give up things. I became the company operating person almost a year ago. I have operated the service operations for several years.

    oh due tell Oh business guru. tell us how you know whats going on behind the scenes at B of A, tell us how you know what the window management team is doing to screw more employees????????????????

    Could it be that B of A simply wants to hang on to what cash the Government ( I mean us tax payers) has given them? Or could it be the window company is truly bankrupt, naaaa, look into your crystal ball and tell us

    We can sit here and guess all we want. But in this economy my guess would be management did what they could and then ran out of money. Maybe B of A will LOAN them some money for pay roll
    LOVE has four letters

    So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Leavenworth KS
    Posts
    310

    Hmm I am no Gruru

    But B of A with drew our line of credit a week after they received the bailout. We have others from local banks. However some of our suppliers prefer a larger bank. We also closed our the accounts with them.

    If your cash flow is that bad then you are fouling yourself. As well as not keeping your employees what your company is doing. I have no information on this company other than what is several different sites. If you have fifty or more employees , you should be able to plan how you and your company will perform short and long term. This should include how you handle your cash, current orders, materials, labor costs, Savings,line of credit, ect.

    You should know long before this point. Laying off people in one large layoff is never a good thing. Laying off all your employees at once is a sign of poor management. I also checked the local agencies and they where hiring new help.

    The place has serous issues if that information is correct. I think more will come out later.
    Mike

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,890
    they should be occupying management homes and vehicles, maybe even burn them out

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,417
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    they should be occupying management homes and vehicles, maybe even burn them out
    so your advocating criminal activities, typical union tactics. Can't do anything legally, you must resort to terror and fear.

    Your pathetic
    LOVE has four letters

    So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event