Plaxico almost killed me

I was laughing so hard I almost stopped breathing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpgL5kuBpMA
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

Very cool. Like it.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

This one is the real deal. However, this guy is not a professional football player. He is another kind of professional - a cop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj4yUpR1PB0
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

So the gun slipped down his pants and started firing. What pulled the trigger. Can we say what a D**K.
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

Well I know of someone for real who was worse than Plaxico. He shot himself twice. Once practicing "fast draw" in the leg and another time while cleaning a "elephant" gun (very large caliber) he shot himself in the shoulder. He was resting it on his shoulder and forgot there was a round in the chamber and while cleaning it he pulled the trigger. He has a permanent limb while walking and has a big scare on both sides of his shoulder.

I had to ask him how many times has he accidentally fired a gun in his house. He admitted a "few" times but the worse was once when he accidentally fired his "elephant" gun it went through a closet parallel to the hanger bar and it went through all his mom's clothes hanging inside putting a hole in all of them. I don't believe that he told us what were the consequences of that one was.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Both was some funny chit
    I dont warranty Tinkeritus

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Well I know of someone for real who was worse than Plaxico. He shot himself twice. Once practicing "fast draw" in the leg and another time while cleaning a "elephant" gun (very large caliber) he shot himself in the shoulder. He was resting it on his shoulder and forgot there was a round in the chamber and while cleaning it he pulled the trigger. He has a permanent limb while walking and has a big scare on both sides of his shoulder.

I had to ask him how many times has he accidentally fired a gun in his house. He admitted a "few" times but the worse was once when he accidentally fired his "elephant" gun it went through a closet parallel to the hanger bar and it went through all his mom's clothes hanging inside putting a hole in all of them. I don't believe that he told us what were the consequences of that one was.
    he would have to be deaf also. "Elephant gun" is kind of vague? that could be anything from a 300 win mag to a 500 nitro
    LOVE has four letters

All this about accidental discharges reminds me of two things.

First was a you tube type video where a DEA agent shot himself I'm the leg while demonstrating gun safety to a group of teens. Held up a pistol and said something to the effect of "You know Snoop and all those other rappers talk about having "9s", but I am the only one who is QUALIFIED to use one.". On holstering the gun, he shoots himself in either the leg or foot.

Sorry, I only have dial-up internet access, or I would post a link.

The other was something that happened in front of me that changed my attitude about gun safety.

A couple of friends and I were having a shooting party that, as always had broken down into a shooting contest. This day, we were shooting at blackbirds at about 200 yards.

One guy was shooting a .30-30. His older brother had a spent .38 spl casing in his hand and waved it in front of the barrel as he pulled the trigger.

I watched as his finger just dissolved.

Turns out, this EXPERIENCED shooter and hunter, with several big game kills to his credit thought that he could somehow CATCH the bullet with the empty casing!!!

Last time I was ever around either of them with loaded firearms.

Amazing how something like that sticks with you.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    All this about accidental discharges reminds me of two things.

First was a you tube type video where a DEA agent shot himself I'm the leg while demonstrating gun safety to a group of teens. Held up a pistol and said something to the effect of "You know Snoop and all those other rappers talk about having "9s", but I am the only one who is QUALIFIED to use one.". On holstering the gun, he shoots himself in either the leg or foot.

Sorry, I only have dial-up internet access, or I would post a link.

The other was something that happened in front of me that changed my attitude about gun safety.

A couple of friends and I were having a shooting party that, as always had broken down into a shooting contest. This day, we were shooting at blackbirds at about 200 yards.

One guy was shooting a .30-30. His older brother had a spent .38 spl casing in his hand and waved it in front of the barrel as he pulled the trigger.

I watched as his finger just dissolved.

Turns out, this EXPERIENCED shooter and hunter, with several big game kills to his credit thought that he could somehow CATCH the bullet with the empty casing!!!

Last time I was ever around either of them with loaded firearms.

Amazing how something like that sticks with you.
    the link your looking for is in Post #3 and if you ever visit the Honda Motor's Manufacturing plant in Marysville Ohio, when you walk in the plant a BIG SIGN greets you that say "STUPID HURTS" help prevent accidents....I think your "friends" should read that sign
    LOVE has four letters

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    he would have to be deaf also. "Elephant gun" is kind of vague? that could be anything from a 300 win mag to a 500 nitro
    Hey jamaco cut me a little slack that was back in 75 give or take a year or two hard to remember details 33 years or so ago. Since you mentioned it I think it was a 300 win mag. I don't believe they had the 500 nitro back then. He did sell the gun though it was either that for find a new home?
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Hey jamaco cut me a little slack that was back in 75 give or take a year or two hard to remember details 33 years or so ago. Since you mentioned it I think it was a 300 win mag. I don't believe they had the 500 nitro back then. He did sell the gun though it was either that for find a new home?
    I know what you mean, the '70's are kind of a blur to me. The 500 Nitro was used all the way back in late 1870's and up to 1930...something.

It was mainly used in India by Professional hunters. While on Safari (on the backs of elephants) they wanted a small cannon that would blast an attacking Bengal Tiger. The weapon actually came as a Pistol........although after seeing the bullets, I doubt anyone would want to pull the trigger on it. The 500 Nitro bullet was about " in diameter and almost 3" long and pushed a 570gr projectile The S&W 500 is only about half that size
    LOVE has four letters