Anyone looking for a Refrigeration Apprentice in Ontario, Canada

Hey there, I was wondering if anyone is looking (or knows of someone looking) for a Refrigeration and A/C apprentice in Ontario, Canada preferably in the Barrie or GTA area, any input would be great, thanks alot

Good luck with that, Down here in SW Ontario it is dead..And the money sucks. The shop I worked at paid a licensed guy $18/hr..

Anyone looking for a union trained chiller mech.w/20 yrs. exp. in Phoenix?

Considering relocating to the Phoenix area,have been a union member for about 20 years, our union has had one of the best programs in the country for over 20 years.
    post a reply and add your email address.

Quote Originally Posted by philly42 View Post
    Considering relocating to the Phoenix area,have been a union member for about 20 years, our union has had one of the best programs in the country for over 20 years.
    what union are you in? are they doing apprenticeships? is it near impossible to get in lol? heres my email mopar_man_11@hotmail.com

Your the one looking to relocate and you want us to post our email? Put yours in your profile. You do any chiller work? What kind of equipment do you service? Any specialties? You BTJ, MES or MESJ? If you seem like your any good I can probably help you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by philly42 View Post
    Your poor planning does not constitute an emergency on my part!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by absrbrtek View Post
    Your the one looking to relocate and you want us to post our email? Put yours in your profile. You do any chiller work? What kind of equipment do you service? Any specialties? You BTJ, MES or MESJ? If you seem like your any good I can probably help you out.
    Are you interested in helping out an apprentice? lol

Hey mopar, I don't know if it helps, but I noticed there are some ads on the government job bank website for gas techs/fitters in Barrie and Vaughn. I am not close enough to apply for them, just thought I would pass on the info.

Quote Originally Posted by 73Stingray View Post
    Hey mopar, I don't know if it helps, but I noticed there are some ads on the government job bank website for gas techs/fitters in Barrie and Vaughn. I am not close enough to apply for them, just thought I would pass on the info.
    Thanks for the help, my biggest problem is that I want to continue my apprenticeship, just with another company, but it doesnt seem too many companies are willing to take on 1st or 2nd period apprentices they want either 5th or a full journeyman. Im sure I could find work with another company as a gas fitter, but I want to do refrigeration...oh well thanks for the help though

I know what you mean.. This area of the world just bites right now. I have been in contact with a recruiter that found me for a job out west, but I don't finish my G2 and write my exam until March. I don't know what they pay up in your area, but the last place I worked (and got laid off from) the licensed G2 was only making $17/hr. They easily pay 2 x that much our West.

Quote Originally Posted by 73Stingray View Post
    I know what you mean.. This area of the world just bites right now. I have been in contact with a recruiter that found me for a job out west, but I don't finish my G2 and write my exam until March. I don't know what they pay up in your area, but the last place I worked (and got laid off from) the licensed G2 was only making $17/hr. They easily pay 2 x that much our West.
    $17 an hour? how many years experience or months did he have though, cause im in that hourly rate category as well but Ive only been in the field for a year and im a 1st period refrigeration apprentice, once you get more time in a GII will make more, should anyways...what recruiter did you use, can i have there contact info if you dont mind?