Talon R2/Supervisor PDF

Does anyone have a PDF that describes the operation of the Talon R2/Supervisor programming blocks (palette objects?)they could email me?
    We have to replace an existing R2 with an AX JACE so we need to replicate the R2 logic.
    Jogas
    Four wheel therapy, my 1968 Camaro is gone and will be missed

Is the TAlon R2 the same as a standard Tridium R2?. If the Standard Programming Reference would suffice - can you get that from Tridium? If not I can mail it.
    gnomethang

Quote Originally Posted by gnomethang View Post
    Is the TAlon R2 the same as a standard Tridium R2?. If the Standard Programming Reference would suffice - can you get that from Tridium? If not I can mail it.
    In an "Admin Tool" app I saw what looked like a Supervisor. When I opened a folder, I saw logic.
    I remember seeing a "SIN" block amongst the logic. Ring a bell?
    Jogas

Jogas,

an sIn input to a module is not unknown to me. You have mail - HIH but if you can send a screen dump it may show me how similar the Talon is to the regular Tridium R2

Regards,
    Barry
    gnomethang

Talon R2 IS (=) Tridium R2. The Staefa R2 may include templates for the Staefa LON controllers. (Graphics and logic for Staefa Predator Controllers). Also the LON communication settings are a little different in the Talon R2 from the standard Tridium R2 (Mainly longer allowable response times so that R2 does not consider the Predator controllers offline). Staefa uses the Tridium manual for their manual. You have R2.

Zandman

Quote Originally Posted by zandman View Post
    Talon R2 IS (=) Tridium R2. The Staefa R2 may include templates for the Staefa LON controllers. (Graphics and logic for Staefa Predator Controllers). Also the LON communication settings are a little different in the Talon R2 from the standard Tridium R2 (Mainly longer allowable response times so that R2 does not consider the Predator controllers offline). Staefa uses the Tridium manual for their manual. You have R2.

Zandman
    Thanks.
    We're not R2 certified, so I guess I'll now ask if there is an R2 Supervisor object PDF available from someone.
    Jogas

There is no difference between the software in a Hardware Jace and a Web Supervisor. There are certain services that run better on a PC or should not be run on a Jace Box but the Standard Program Reference should cover you (unless I have mis-interpreted your request)
    gnomethang

(((( There is no difference between the software in a Hardware Jace and a Web Supervisor. There are certain services that run better on a PC or should not be run on a Jace Box but the Standard Program Reference should cover you (unless I have mis-interpreted your request) )))

This is probably a tangent.. but seeing the above reminded me of the desire to know if there's a technical limitation.. like need for realtime OS? or is the lack of licensing of serial services the only limitation preventing use of an XP PC (or now Linux) as a Hardware Jace?

Seems possible that increased market share by allowing PCs to be used as Jaces would be in Tridium's interest. Allowing use of PCs instead of hardware Jaces could to lower the cost of entry to become installers, increase Jace resources available per Jace, lower initial cost to customers to increase sales, encorage cost effective mixtures of R2 & AX, etc etc. The existing softJace provided by Tridium that runs on a PC is strictly a teaser, since it only integrates controls from Ethernet based protocols.

At one time Tridium press articles stated that they wanted to become the Microsoft of controls by providing a software framework to integrate disparate control hardware, encouraging a vast 3rd party industry of hardware and software add-on s ... as long as one buys the hardware from Tridium too at very significant cost. I suggest that this course imitates the Apple Comptuter strategy, not Microsoft's, and similarly and drastically limits Tridium's ultimate potential.