BACnet control spec

Good-day,

We're moving towards a BACnet solution and would like to have a spec which will allow us to spec BACnet for multivenders.

I'm not to sure on what to include etc and am looking for any tips and examples to help me out.

Thanks for any insight

www.ctrlspecbuilder.com

I might have a Reliable Controls and Delta Controls spec laying around. I'll check over the weekend.

kontrol out
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

Spec

Good-day,

did you have time to dig around for that spec.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by integrator View Post
    Good-day,

We're moving towards a BACnet solution and would like to have a spec which will allow us to spec BACnet for multivenders.

I'm not to sure on what to include etc and am looking for any tips and examples to help me out.

Thanks for any insight
    Do your homework, and research the software needed by each and specify ALL of the Software by name and revision specifically in writing, and do not let them get around it with slick talk and a few lunches.

Its all about the Software..Software..Software.....Make sure you get ALL the software for everything .

I would specify they either make sure their both their device configuration and control can be done by third party software/server solution OR that they provide their configuration software for any devices used. Further, I'd make them provide you any updates during the warranty period.

Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    I would specify they either make sure their both their device configuration and control can be done by third party software/server solution OR that they provide their configuration software for any devices used. Further, I'd make them provide you any updates during the warranty period.
    LOL... Sure, and Also demand the system be installed and programed by magical leprechauns.