Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by clintkennon View Post
    You don't work for him, Didn't you read his post apparently you've been fired already. Get your stuff out of his van.
    Oh chit, unemployment rate just went up !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ableactech View Post
    LMAO....... Just thought it was a bit funny, for him to chastise me, as though I actually worked for him.
    well you have to understand we as Mechanics have a passion to fix things ..something like that comes along and it stirs our curiosity......i know where you are coming from though years back when i was a newb service tech (not implying you are)i was sent on a call to house where the owner had drilled down into the water table and was using the cool 50deg water to run his own residential chiller...the guy who installed it had died and his poor wife had no idea what to make of the circultor pump covered in a block of mineral deposits...the pump just needed a coupler but when i first walked in and saw this contraption i was like UH OH....
    when in doubt swap it out....NOT!!

Quote Originally Posted by pctech View Post
    no milkman iam not a bully iam the boss and thats what matters.
    i became an owner/ boss by working for a boss in the old days.
    serviceing a unit like that wont kill you.
    just becuse somone lives in a manufactured home the proper term for the homes today.
    dosent mean you can treat them like second class trash.
    if you came to my home and said i refuse to do this with out a dam good reason i would file a complaint with the bbu and have done so .
    no one dictates to me what they will or wont do.
    when i pay for youre sevice via you or youre company if you work for one .
    I call the shots not you.
    i have had one techs lic revoked for such practices and refuseing to use a recovery machine .
    some day if you dont allready and youbecome an owner you will find out you think like i do.
    espicaly when the bottom line affects youre dollar.
    refused jobs spell workers you might not beable to pay in to days world .
    Off topic but....

God man, where did you learn to write the English language? It's attrocious. If you do own a company as you say you do, take some remedial courses in learning grammar and punctuation. It goes a long way.

Also, I would have refused service on this unit also. The company I work for believes in the policy of "you touched it, you married it."
    Not as lean, not as mean, but I'm still a hardcore, ass-kicking, hard charging Marine! Oohrah!

Is that you John Wayne is this me?
    boss will put the flames out

Quote Originally Posted by actuator View Post
    well you have to understand we as Mechanics have a passion to fix things ..something like that comes along and it stirs our curiosity......i know where you are coming from though years back when i was a newb service tech (not implying you are)i was sent on a call to house where the owner had drilled down into the water table and was using the cool 50deg water to run his own residential chiller...the guy who installed it had died and his poor wife had no idea what to make of the circultor pump covered in a block of mineral deposits...the pump just needed a coupler but when i first walked in and saw this contraption i was like UH OH....

Being apprehensive about repairing something out of the ordinary, has nothing at all to do with it. The post above is correct, you put your hands on that garbage can, something else goes wrong with it, and they think you did something to it. I simply made a choice not to get involved with junk.

Twilli likes that, saves room around the trailer
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Quote Originally Posted by twilli3967 View Post
    For the cars that are up on blocks.

I've got class, we have two cars at my brothers broke down. Why trash out my own house.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by vlux View Post
    come on guys, you always taught this rookie "when you touch it you bought it", if something looks destroyed or unsafe to me Im not putting my biz on the line.jmo
    good point but i still wanna know if the comp. is level...to be continued...

Quote Originally Posted by twilli3967 View Post
    It is also a handy way to keep the neighbors off of their porch at night.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Thumbs up AMEN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IDHVAC View Post
    I would have serviced it, then put my company sticker on it. Eventually the cow will produce milk, and you have another customer. I've seen some wierd sh*t too, but dig in and get your hands dirty man! Sometimes our job can be "not so glorious", in that event just re-adjust your nutsak, shrug your shoulders and get some!
    It's the sh**ty lookin' stuff like this that keeps us all going! AND BESIDES....that might be someone just like your mother, grandmother, or your daughter in there!!! We can't all be workin' on Porsches.....most of my school district owned equip. is 15 years old or older. Just look before you make such a judgement...might be the easiest and/or greatest thing you do for a while!

Its like that in case they have to move real quick. Don't have to disconnect the unit. I still would have fixed it and possibly sold them a new unit.

sorry to butt in

i would have loved to been the second opinion on that job!thats like walking over $500.00 on the floor,no one here would pass on that!in this cut throat town of ours,we take what we get,good or bad!i honor the right to turn down bus.only if they dont pay their bills or hard to work for!in my way of thinking, not only was the job turned down,but now youve turned down all of the cust referals also! your boss signs your checks but the cust pays the bills!

Sorry guys but don't laugh yet.
    That looks like an old York unit which is supposed to be mounted in that manner and yes, the compressor does sit upright in that enclosure.
    They were very popular on construction trailers.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast