Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 59
  1. #27
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    373
    youre partly right.
    but in maine whare iam from the manufactured home has to be built to HUD codes But also have to be reinspected by the town code office whare you place the home.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lurch77 View Post
    Off topic a bit here, but.....



    There is a big difference in manufacturer homes and modular homes. Modulars have to meet all local codes just as stick built homes do. They are of superior build quality, and they can be two and three story buildings. Manufactured (single, double, and triple wides) only need to meet HUD code, and are built will far less quality than a modular home. Modular homes were at the top of the list, just behind masonry, for homes that can survive heavy hurricane damage. Sorry, pet peeve of mine. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modular_home

  2. #28
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    373

    But how do i service the unit

    Hi otto thanks for the reply .
    what kind of unit is that in youre avatar?

    Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    Good point.

  3. #29
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    373

    But how do i service the unit

    no milkman iam not a bully iam the boss and thats what matters.
    i became an owner/ boss by working for a boss in the old days.
    serviceing a unit like that wont kill you.
    just becuse somone lives in a manufactured home the proper term for the homes today.
    dosent mean you can treat them like second class trash.
    if you came to my home and said i refuse to do this with out a dam good reason i would file a complaint with the bbu and have done so .
    no one dictates to me what they will or wont do.
    when i pay for youre sevice via you or youre company if you work for one .
    I call the shots not you.
    i have had one techs lic revoked for such practices and refuseing to use a recovery machine .
    some day if you dont allready and youbecome an owner you will find out you think like i do.
    espicaly when the bottom line affects youre dollar.
    refused jobs spell workers you might not beable to pay in to days world .

    Quote Originally Posted by Milk man View Post
    Then you would have fired me a long time ago. I'll walk away from anything that is a health and/or safety hazzard. I'm a grown MAN and will be treated as so. I don't care if you own the place or not, a little respect goes a long way. Screw you and your my way or highway, you're just a bully.

    What am I missing here. Is that a regular condensing unit, a side discharge unit, or a tripple split?

  4. #30
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ct
    Posts
    499
    I don't know what the big deal is. That's a vertical slimline CU probably in the ton and a half range. I've worked on plenty of them in the last 20 years and they're no big deal. Somebody mounted it on the tongue instead of the ground and there's probably a cased slab coil on the downdraft inside.

    I think the OP made a kneejerk reaction to something he hasn't seen before and left some customer with his hand on his ass.

    Maybe it was a cap or a squirt of gas.

    I've fired plenty of bad customers and it was always for a damn good justifiable reason.

    Somebody just didn't want to take their dress off and dig in like real tech would.

  5. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    east kansas
    Posts
    8,024
    Quote Originally Posted by pctech View Post
    no milkman iam not a bully iam the boss and thats what matters.
    i became an owner/ boss by working for a boss in the old days.
    serviceing a unit like that wont kill you.
    just becuse somone lives in a manufactured home the proper term for the homes today.
    dosent mean you can treat them like second class trash.
    if you came to my home and said i refuse to do this with out a dam good reason i would file a complaint with the bbu and have done so .
    no one dictates to me what they will or wont do.
    when i pay for youre sevice via you or youre company if you work for one .
    I call the shots not you.
    i have had one techs lic revoked for such practices and refuseing to use a recovery machine .
    some day if you dont allready and youbecome an owner you will find out you think like i do.
    espicaly when the bottom line affects youre dollar.
    refused jobs spell workers you might not beable to pay in to days world .

    I can agree with what you wrote to a point. My point is I have the finial say when I walk on a job and I see a health and safety hazzard. I will refuse certian roofs, dog **** filled trailers, and now little yapping dogs to name three examples.

    I left a bully for an employer. I know it took him over two years to find a quality replacement, and still not sure if he has or not. And don't really care.

    My current employer is very respectful, and he doesn't put up with any disrespect from employee to employee.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

  6. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    houston, texas
    Posts
    3,787
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbenny View Post
    Our company doesn't service anything attached to a trailer (modular home for you high class rednecks.)
    My mother calls them "mobiles" does that make her a high class redneck?
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

    Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own






  7. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    houston, texas
    Posts
    3,787
    IMO you should never turn down servicing anything unless it puts you in danger...Was that unit holding a gun or something. I see mucho $
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

    Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own






  8. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coming to a town near you soon
    Posts
    774
    Quote Originally Posted by ableactech View Post
    Ok, so I pull up on a call today, customer saying his system would not cool. As I pulled in the driveway I see this (see photo) , I knocked on the door, and told him to call someone else, he actually had the nerve to ask why I would not do the call.
    I hope you didn't get tired or trip on the way to the door to tell him you wouldn't fix his A/C. Next time stay in the truck its safer.

  9. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    1,633
    come on guys, you always taught this rookie "when you touch it you bought it", if something looks destroyed or unsafe to me Im not putting my biz on the line.jmo
    Victor

  10. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by pctech View Post
    Then you young man should not be a service tech.
    youre paied to take calls not dicatate to youre cliants who you will service and who you wont.
    i have fired guys over that before.
    as the saying in road house the movie goes.
    its my way or the high way.
    Who on gods green earth, are YOU to tell me I should not be a service tech. You apparently by your grammar in this message , did not even finish high school. Are you sure it was not you , who lived in this trailer? Fortunately, I do not work for you. Maybe where you live, you have no choice but to take trash jobs. As service manager, I have the say, to DICTATE (notice the correct spelling sir) who I will , and will not service. So as to Roadhouse, carry yourself down the highway .

  11. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    718
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by ableactech View Post
    Who on gods green earth, are YOU to tell me I should not be a service tech. You apparently by your grammar in this message , did not even finish high school. Are you sure it was not you , who lived in this trailer? Fortunately, I do not work for you. Maybe where you live, you have no choice but to take trash jobs. As service manager, I have the say, to DICTATE (notice the correct spelling sir) who I will , and will not service. So as to Roadhouse, carry yourself down the highway .
    Man and i thought the Car forums where rough....
    when in doubt swap it out....NOT!!

  12. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by actuator View Post
    Man and i thought the Car forums where rough....
    LMAO....... Just thought it was a bit funny, for him to chastise me, as though I actually worked for him.

  13. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coming to a town near you soon
    Posts
    774
    Quote Originally Posted by ableactech View Post
    LMAO....... Just thought it was a bit funny, for him to chastise me, as though I actually worked for him.
    You don't work for him, Didn't you read his post apparently you've been fired already. Get your stuff out of his van.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event