Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    There’s definitely some mercenary’s in this trade, how many offices would have sold a Service Agreement sight unseen? Maintaining junk is more profitable then replacement at least that was what I was told in Collage. Price appropriately! Before they give you the shopping list. And ALWAYS CYCLE the unit (a hard lesson learned) yes I understand it doesn’t work correctly, or at all. Xzibit of HVAC, I call it PIMP MY EQUIPMENT. Not any suggestions just what I think when I get calls like that.

Although it's difficult to say from this angle, but I'm guessing that the condenser coil is on the top and both sides of the A/C. Unless you were worried about payment, that call wouldn't have been that bad. As we know, spit systems ain't rocket science. And like other's said, it could have been a simple fix. Or at the very least, if these cat's could afford it... a new Split system. Problem solved.
    Teach the apprentices right... and learn from their questions and ideas.

my curiousness would have drawn me to fix it or try, I would have posted my questions about it here, Then we would 've had a positive thresd

it looks like its been like that for many years and worked alright, I have to agree that i would of serviced it too. When i saw the post i thought you were going to show the unit next to a powerline or something else that dangerous.
    I will take a bullet for my Veto LC tool bag!

where is that at, i will go fix it

Off topic a bit here, but.....

Quote Originally Posted by jrbenny View Post
    Our company doesn't service anything attached to a trailer (modular home for you high class rednecks.)
    There is a big difference in manufacturer homes and modular homes. Modulars have to meet all local codes just as stick built homes do. They are of superior build quality, and they can be two and three story buildings. Manufactured (single, double, and triple wides) only need to meet HUD code, and are built will far less quality than a modular home. Modular homes were at the top of the list, just behind masonry, for homes that can survive heavy hurricane damage. Sorry, pet peeve of mine. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modular_home

heck, what a sweet attempt to cover the hitch on that thing.

I would have serviced it, then put my company sticker on it. Eventually the cow will produce milk, and you have another customer. I've seen some wierd sh*t too, but dig in and get your hands dirty man! Sometimes our job can be "not so glorious", in that event just re-adjust your nutsak, shrug your shoulders and get some!
    U. S. Army Reservist, U. S. Marine, HVAC Professional

I've repaired 'em, changed 'em out (with a hi static fan) and now I'm inspired. I'm gonna check code on setting the rest i chanege out on the tongue. Owner will save money when they pull that baby down the road and set it up somewhere else.

I work on units like this all time dont care if it takes 20 ft. ext. ladder if I can get to it I will fix it service call is a service call by looking at posted pictures I dont see anything that bad as for as working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by absoair View Post
    I've repaired 'em, changed 'em out (with a hi static fan) and now I'm inspired. I'm gonna check code on setting the rest i chanege out on the tongue. Owner will save money when they pull that baby down the road and set it up somewhere else.
    Don't know why not it would be against code. There are several CUs hanging off stick built houses. Instead of a pad they mount a rack to the house.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Milk man View Post
    Don't know why not it would be against code. There are several CUs hanging off stick built houses. Instead of a pad they mount a rack to the house.
    yeah and they do it perfectly sideways too.

wrong term benny its Manufactured home.
    it was a new term made when codes came to the bulding world in 85.
    what used to be called a trailer aka mobile home is now a winnabago.

Quote Originally Posted by jrbenny View Post
    Our company doesn't service anything attached to a trailer (modular home for you high class rednecks.)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast