Smile The best mini split heat pump

I am considering these 2 units.

(A). LG LA125HV Art Cool 12,000/15,500 BTU 18.7 SEER Heat and Cool Mini Split Air Conditioner w/ Advanced Inverter Technology.

(B). MSZFD12NA / MUZFD12NA - Mitsubishi Mr. Slim 12,000 BTU 22 SEER Heat Pump.

It seems both units will cost about the same over time.

Would you chose one over the other due to quality or features? Or would you recommend a different unit altogether?

Thanks in advance.

if their hvac is anything like the lg phone i used to have then I would say lg however i know mitzu is very good stuff so I'm going to vote mitzu

Mitsubishi has a longer track record.
    It's NOT the BRAND,it's the company that installs it!!!!!

Pick the installer not the equipment.

If you're selecting the same installation company for either brand, then I'd vote for the Mr. Slim. If you're going to select the installation company based on the brand, I'd rethink the whole job. Who did a Manual 'J' calculation to determine the HP size needed? Go with that company whatever their brand.
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!

Might want to check on a Daiken also

I like the Fujitsu units the best. They have the best efficiency, generally speaking, of the minisplits, and the price is usually less than Mitsubishi. The ones I've dealt with have been reliable as an anvil, quiet, and comfortable.

Of course, the installer matters a LOT here. Every system, central or otherwise that I've seen with problems, has been almost invariably due to installation issues. Poor vacuum, dirt in the lines, missing insulation, miswiring, the list is endless in the ways installers can ruin otherwise perfectly good equipment. I know the manufacturers have this padded into their pricing...

Quote Originally Posted by heater99 View Post
    I am considering these 2 units.

(A). LG LA125HV Art Cool 12,000/15,500 BTU 18.7 SEER Heat and Cool Mini Split Air Conditioner w/ Advanced Inverter Technology.

(B). MSZFD12NA / MUZFD12NA - Mitsubishi Mr. Slim 12,000 BTU 22 SEER Heat Pump.

It seems both units will cost about the same over time.

Would you chose one over the other due to quality or features? Or would you recommend a different unit altogether?

Thanks in advance.

Worked on mitzu, carrier and diakin

All 3 have high initial costs and mitzu and carrier have high prices for replacement parts. If you fart to close to a carrier the cheap plastic parts will break.

Diakin is a bomb proof product and my supplier doesn't stock parts for it because he claims they'll break in 20 years. Control wiring for Diakin can be difficult, the initial set-up takes a couple times to get everything right. I talked to the distributor today and even with outdoor temps in the teens it will still put out 110F. There is also no IAQ with Diakin, though next years models will have it.

Fujitsu seems to be inexpensive to purchase and inexpensive to maintain. And user friendly to install and run.

I like the Fujitsu units. Daikin units are nice too!