Remote Bathroom heater

I have a person at work who's wife is disabled. They had a special shower built, and she is freezing in this shower. I can't get above the ceiling, and I am not sure of the legality of a heating unit over the shower. The exhaust fan / light only has #14 wire to it and is outside the shower anyway. I can get to a closet behind the shower, and duct it in. Across from the shower is a wall with a hydro-therapy tub on the other side, so I can't put anything there either. Does anyone know of a small 500 to 1000 watt ducted electric heater?

Get a exhaust fan with a heat bulb in it and install it in place of the exhaust unit that is already there. The heat bulbs put out quite alot of heat although there costly to run but do work for heating purpose's, I use to have one.

Quote Originally Posted by DanW13 View Post
    Get a exhaust fan with a heat bulb in it and install it in place of the exhaust unit that is already there. The heat bulbs put out quite alot of heat although there costly to run but do work for heating purpose's, I use to have one.
    My Mom have one of those exhuast unit with a heat bulb. When I visit over the holidays I run the unit 5 minutes before I shower. By the time I get out of the shower I'm smoking.

Hmm

Nu tone #9960 makes a light/fan/ heater for ceiling mount. little larger than standard fan, works great. 1500 heater wattage. seen them a home depot. 170.00

One is 13.5 Amps the other one is 14.3 Amps. a little much for #14 wire and 15A breaker. I'll see if he has a young, skinny relative that will crawl thru the attic. They joined a new roof into an old roof in that area, and it's a little tight.

I'd suggest a radiant system (lamp) to preheat the shower prior to her entry.

If the shower water can't warm her up, I doubt a bit of hot air will.

There are several electric radiant heat panels on the mrket that will work and won't present an electrocution or fire hazard
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM