Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Carrier Chiller Ccn-Lon

Hello, I need help on setting up a "factory installed" lon card (mounted on the EMM) for a new carrier chiller. I have network sevice tool 5 and have downloaded the info tables out of the ccn side of things. But I do not see the lon translator side. With the separate "field installed" card it would show up as a LEI once discovered on the ccn side. Then just map the points to it (been there done that before). I commissioned the lon card to see if maybe it was already set up. It was blank containing some nvi and nvo that had no configuration properties.
    Locally carrier shall get back to us. Do I have to get carrier out to map it or do i need some other software or instructions. TIA

Have you uploaded the LON LEI?? it is usually at address 0,200. The auto map feature in the LON LEI hasn't worked in the past so the points from the chiller have to be manually entered into the LEI. Just make sure that the CCN point type matches up with the SNVT type,

e.g. if you have a SNVT_switch then it can only support a CCN on/off (1 or 0) point type. Just watch our for Carrier STATUS & ALARM points as they are multistate points and cannot be used in the standard SNVT types. I have attached a standard chiller map for a French made chiller.

Aus..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for the reply, But the problem is the LEI does not show up in the ccn discovery like a field mounted one typicaly does. This one is mounted behind the LCD display panel on board labeled EMM. The chiller is new maybe a new setup required the lon board is labeled LEION.

Can you find the LON card address with you service tool 5?
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

No, it does not show up during the ccn bus scan. Usually a field mounted one is between 200 and 299.

One thing to try is disconnect the LEI from the CCN comms and try and just connect to it directly then do a search with S/Tool..

Thanks, I might be able to give that a try some how. It will be difficult since the only field wired connections on the LEION board is the lon network connections. The ccn and power connections are 6 pins that plug directly off the back of the LEION board into the EMM board beneath the LEION board and they are probably not labeled. This board may be defective or just some new style, setup required.

Carrier Lon Card

Are you still having problems with this Lon Card?

Yes, On Monday or Tuesday I hope to get some info from carrier and procede on site with this and the rest of the job. I thought I would see if a query on this fourm would give me some insite. Perhaps others have seen this card. I have recieved some great assistance just viewing posts on this site.

Carrier got back to us and sent a .cwx and xl file and some instruction. The CWX file is to be imported into the chillers translator in ComfortWORKS or ComfortVIEW. We only have network service tool 5. I am not familiar enough with the software to know what the difference is. Anyhow it looks like something new to figure out.

My question is, if you can't find the Chillers Translator, then how are you going to import the .cwx file????

Like you I've only ever commissioned field fitted LEI's, not the factory fitted ones.

The actual .cwx file is easy to import using NST V 2.1, just by going to the Device Manager and selecting Import New Controller. However to do that you need to know the address of the new device, which, from what I understand you cannot find........so Carrier need to explain to you, how to identify the LON device using the Service Tool Search utility.

the file extension .cwx is a carry over from the ComfortWorks days when theat was their premier software suite
    Then it went to ComfortView
    And now it is with Service Tool V
    But the extension remains the same, for all Carrier databases, so it shouldn't matter which type of Carrier software you have, you can still import the Controller database and view/modify it, using any of the above mentioned software.

Thumbs up Found the problem

oops
    Last edited by Foggy; 12-09-2008 at 03:18 AM. Reason: oops sent twice

Thumbs up Found the problem

Ya the problem was a misinstalled ccn connection on the emm board. The leion board gets a separate 3 wire plug on the emm board for its connection to the ccn. This was discovered after carefull tracing of the pc board tracks on both the main and emm board. Ya the .cwx file was something carrier sent us that made us realize that you still need to see the leion first (just didnt clue in until loading it offline the realized it was basically a controller save). Thus the tracing out.
    Thanks to all who replied.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast