Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Huffing Freon.lol.

Post Likes

huffing 410 vs 22

We all know that 410a is mankinds savior because it is so environmentally friendly. I am sure soon there will be a press release from Dupont saving how
    huffing 410a is so much better for you than 22 because it contains an extra carbon atom or something.

I'm sorry, the devil took over my fingers and made me do this

Post Likes
    Somebody mentioned how dumb huffing is. He couldn't be more right, all it is is oxygen starvation to the brain and the so called "buzz" these jerks get is the result of dying brain cells.

One of my first gigs before I opened up shop was was a domestic refrig tech.

Boss gave us R22 to blow out drains (wrap your mind around THAT compared to today). The very first plugged drain I cleared was in a side by side GE.

I had cut the hose fitting off a gauge hose. I connected it to the R22jug and pushed the cut end down the drain and let'er rip. No body told me i wasn't supposed to keep my head in the freezer section.

I effing passed out in front of the frig.

If any of you old timers from Detroit you remember Harrison Refrig.

Post Likes
    Call me ignorant but I am shocked that someone would even try huffing this stuff. I did not know it was a problem until I started studying the new 2009 ICC Code (residential/Mechanical) and saw the code that requires all outdoor condenser units to have locking valve caps. There is only one municipality that is enforcing it here but it is only a matter of time until the rest will. Everyone better have the valve cap keys on their key rings or service will be out of the question.

Post Likes
    My partner once hired a helper flunky for installs, he was not around too long. He would go outside alot, my partner looked in the truck and noticed the cylinders were all frosted up. I guess the helper was just another waste of a human life?

Post Likes
    Uggg... Need Fire!

Yes, I know I Shouldn't But I Just Can't Help Myself...

Post Likes
    Unofortunately several die every year from Freon huffing. BTW, asthma metered dose inhalers now use R-134a. The key is "metered" . As the old saying goes "the dose makes the poison". Operating room anethesia is also very similar from a chemical structure viewppoint but it is mixed with oxygen, and administered in highly controlled doses.

Post Likes

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    You see a guy at the EPA. His name is D. Min Imus.
    note nitrogen needed!!!!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DanW13 View Post
    It's kinda like the banks having there pens chained down and the vault wide open, now we need to take the safety caps off the prescription meds and put safety caps on all the spray paint and condenser units, Refigerators, freezers......
    funny thing is my daughter can open the jack d. still.............

Post Likes
    i used to do this all the time. i went to a vocational school for 3 years then (2 of them were 10th grade...) before i dropped out. id poke a hole in the pipe and just destroy the whole system and let pounds and pounds of refrigerant out just to get high and pass the **** out lol. my teacher used to tell me if i wanted the same feeling i should stick my head in the toilet and breathe in and drown myself hahah. its no new thing. people do it all the time. its sooooo unhealthy tho

Post Likes

Thumbs up

Wow, thats something to be proud of.
    A few years ago a 16 yo kid climbed over a barbed wire fence to huff from the ac units. They found his body next to one of the condensers. His mother was trying to sue the ac manuf., valve manuf., fence co. etc. because her son died.
    The judge finally dismissed the case but it was both sad and ridiculous.
    Get high on life, not drugs.

Post Likes
    been sober for almost 2 years. just sayin mad people do it.

Post Likes
    $50,000 "venting" fine in Canada, makes for a real expensive high!

Post Likes
    Have witnessed huffing R-22 many times here in the Coastal Bend. One guy died at the beach a few years ago. That is where I learned about locking schrader caps.

Post Likes

Cool locking caps required in 2009 IMC/IRC

2009 IMC 1101.10 and IRC M1411.6

"Refrigerant circuit access ports located outdoors shall be fitted with locking-type tamper-resistant caps."

Key word there is "shall", meaning mandatory. If you fail to provide these caps then someone comes behind you and gets hurt or steals/ leaks refrigerant, you can be held responsible. Better stock up and get the keys so you won't be left out in the cold (or heat as it was). The Novent brand makes separate keys for R-22 and 410a. No word on if EPA card is required to buy..... I saw some in a local supply house. The clerk said the same packs had been on his wall for over one year. Now that's a problem. http://www.noventcaps.com/

No shortage of stupid ways to kill yourself, esp. when you get your ideas off the internet or a schoolyard. If you want to *do* yourself, I can give you a lot of ideas (but I won't )

Post Likes
    I had a friend of mine who was going out to his neighbors house very infrequently over a long period of time looking for a leak not finding one and then juicing it back up. About 1300.00 dollars later the neighbor came home from work early only to find his son and half the kids from his high school having a huff party around his AC unit. Very expensive Party.

Post Likes
    Had one today that my H-10 let me down on ....It has never let me down for the last 10 years....Put locking caps on and will be going back next month (new service agreement) and we will see
    I wish I had a $1.00 for every response I deleted.....

"Decidedly Superior in a twisted pathetic way".....

Post Likes
    had this at a solvent rehab centre up north.

Post Likes
    Novent caps and keys are available on ebay for all to buy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in