Air handler coil?

How do you clean the coil in the air handler? I see you can buy a can of spray cleaner for the outside coil. Can this be used on the air handler coil? Do you have to clean it by hand?

Thanks

depends on how dirty it is, yes there is a spay can you can get, but it usually only removes the surface stuff. If it's impacted then you need to remove the coil and clean it more thoroughly, and that is not something the HO can do properly.

Some sprays have an acid or alkaline base and you don't want to be breathing those molecules so before buying ask a lot of questions.
    Most chemicals are required to have MSDS or material safty data sheets to read what possible problems there might be with using the product.
    Unless your coil is pacted,I suggest that you use over the counter detergents made for dry dirt,possible tar if there is smoking in the house and possible grease from cooking could be a problem.
    spray let soak and rinse.Your coil will be happy,your wallet will be happy and you will be comfortable.

It depends on how dirty the coil is.If it is just surface dirt then a pump up sprayer with chemical for the evap coil and then rinse.If it is really dirty then u need to pump down the condensing unit and unsweat the liquid and suction lines then pull coil and clean with chemical and waterhose.Then resweat lines and instal drier and pull vacuum then leak check and restart.

No, its not real dirty at all. But, it get really hot here in the summer and I just wanted to make sure it was working at peak power.