+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Delta Controls

Post Likes

Delta Controls

Hello all, I have a potential client who has a Delta Controls system in their building. They have fallen out with the local Delta rep and have come to us for some service. The client has ORCAview on their workstation. As far as I can tell, this is the only software which is required for network management & controller programming. So my questions are, is there going to be any problem with user names & passwords, and if so are there any ways around them? Is there a default user / pass? What is the learning curve like with ORCAview? Thanks in advance!!!

Post Likes
    You have no contact information in your profile, send me a PM with your email.
    UA Local 141

Post Likes
    Ditto, if you wanna give me your contact info I would be glad to help. I just cant post that sort of data for obvious reasons. Which version of Orcaview, 3.22, 3.30, 3.33???

Post Likes
    Sorry guys, all this time and I have not entered an email address, it's in there now. I would PM you but it would seem I am not allowed 2 so I sent you an email... Thanks guys.

Post Likes
    If you need password email me and I will send to you.

Post Likes
    you got mail....
    UA Local 141

Post Likes
    Thanks guys!

Post Likes
    Hey guys, I went to site today and the controller seemed to be offline, in orcaview (ver 3.30) there were no values on the graphics, but the controller did not have a red x on it in the tree. After a reboot the controller came back to life and values were on the graphics. I also noticed that after a reboot the bottom left light (the 4 lights beside the power plug) was flashing red about once per second. The light directly above that was green. Is this normal? Or is this an indication of some sort of fault? Tks.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CtrlF View Post
    Hey guys, I went to site today and the controller seemed to be offline, in orcaview (ver 3.30) there were no values on the graphics, but the controller did not have a red x on it in the tree. After a reboot the controller came back to life and values were on the graphics. I also noticed that after a reboot the bottom left light (the 4 lights beside the power plug) was flashing red about once per second. The light directly above that was green. Is this normal? Or is this an indication of some sort of fault? Tks.

Did you have to use the password we provided or did the customer have one on hand?

Did the customer say this happens regularly?

Did you see the sticker with the date code? Month and Year is all that is on it.

Look at the controller in the workstation and see what the reset count is on the first page, and post what it is. I am not 100 percent sure what the reset count should be for the controllers with the SRAM memory issue.

Are you going back or is this a one time thing?
    UA Local 141

Post Likes
    Delta?..thought that was a bankrupt airline, or at best mediocre power tools.

Orcaview? Is that not the boat that Jaws chewed up?

Post Likes
    Berg, as an fyi for you, a high reset count is not necessarily due to the SRAM problem, it can also occur when there is a corrupted database.

CtrlF was there a wrench on the controller in navigator or maybe a question mark? The X on the controller means that it is not communicating on the network. You may not have had to reset power to the module. You can right-click on the controller in the network tree and click on reconfigure. We need more info. The red and green lights are the tansmit and receive lights that indicate the rate of communications. There is also a scan light that blinks intermittently to show the cpu scan rate. Hope this helps

Post Likes
    There are 4 led's, and the bottom right was solid red... I know our line of bacnet controllers have similar lights and the red is an error code. The controller had a red x on it when I came in. A power cycle fixed the problem I fully expect it to go offline again... I will check the firmware when that happens, as I don't have remote access to this site. Thanks for your help!

Post Likes
    What kind of controller???

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GONFISHN View Post
    Berg, as an fyi for you, a high reset count is not necessarily due to the SRAM problem, it can also occur when there is a corrupted database.

CtrlF was there a wrench on the controller in navigator or maybe a question mark? The X on the controller means that it is not communicating on the network. You may not have had to reset power to the module. You can right-click on the controller in the network tree and click on reconfigure. We need more info. The red and green lights are the tansmit and receive lights that indicate the rate of communications. There is also a scan light that blinks intermittently to show the cpu scan rate. Hope this helps
    So isn't the database corupted because of the memory issues.

Lets clarify that I am not talking about a once in awhile failure but devices that do not stay online and need to be reset twice a day, every hour etc.
    Last edited by berg2666; 12-10-2008 at 10:43 PM.
    UA Local 141

Post Likes
    What kind of controller (ethernet or MS/TP) ?

Does the controller firmware match the ORCAview software version?

Do you get any errors when you save the database to disk?

If you don't get any errors when you save the database, then post a copy of the database here and I'll load it into one of my lab rats for testing.

Also, if the controller is on a MS/TP network change the address to an unused number and check comm again.

Post Likes
    The controller is Ethernet... I think it's either a 1212 or 1280... not sure. I have not heard back from the customer so I assume the controller is still online. If it goes offline again I will be sure to read this again and get some more information. Thanks for you help guys!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in