Thread: Carrier NST V

Carrier NST V

Can anyone tell me if Carriers Config tool 'Network Service Tool V' is available to contractors?

Carrier have asked me to do some work for them, so I said I needed to purchase the software to configure their controllers, but they are now telling me that the software is only for 'internal use'.....

I don't really want to buy ComfortView as my laptop doesn't have a comm port.

Simple answer is I just won't do the work for them unless they allow me to purchase the tools.....but I would have thought that their config tools should be available to those who wish to purchase, otherwise I'll just start quoting someone elses product who will allow me to buy their software.

Your just offering them enough money.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

The local distributer sells it. The Carrier branch office may be a bit reluctant. Where there is a will there is a way. A credit card and the internet will buy you alot of stuff.

I work for a mech. cont. We purchased NSTV about a year ago thru our local carrier parts house.
    He never hit the brakes and was shifting gears!! GB

Anyone who has an account with Carrier can purchase NSTv
    Don't call parts, I had to call sales and they hooked me up
    850 clams for the convertor and software
    If you cant fix it right, try again.

Thats what I thought, but I'm down in OZ, and Carrier over here see the product as only available to their branches.

They have the mentality, that Controls Contractors are the "enemy" as they might take away some of their customers........go figure?

Kinda funny, as they don't even have any Controls guys working for them in my area so I am the only one who can support the product......but not for long if they keep this up!

They've told me that they've just employed a tech from Emerson who said he has worked on controls before, so he should be able to look after all their current BMS sites and do the design and engineering for their new sites.........hehehehe, now that I'd like to see!
    (no disrespect to any Process Cooling experts out there, just that it's a different ball game).