ammunition accountability acts--Check here for your state

Ah, the glorious rise of the elitist. Here to save us from ourselves.

If I were you, I would at least be aware of this potential, meaning please confirm or deny that this is taking place in your own respective state legislature, and then plot your course of action appropriately.

It would only be all to easy for the Feds to begin to tie federal funds to enactment of such laws, and as such the POTUS, or PEBO as he is now known, would try to wash his hands of it. After all, it's Kennedy, Feinstein, Schumer et al who are the big proponents of it on the federal level.

Have a nice day.
    It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!

Missouri has a bill in process on that. It's been introduced and sent to committee. Guess it's time to contact my representative and senator and make sure my voice is heard.
    Thanks for the heads up Doc.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Pay attention people.

Restrictions, regulations, etc. on ammunition is a "back door" approach to gun control and it is NOT a new thing.

rfid will soon be on every bullet, tiny to large. it should have been stopped long ago.

I’ve been stockpiling ammo for a while, buying 20 rounds here and there, yesterday wife and I went shopping to Wal-Mart and I drifted to the sporting goods section hoping to grab a box or two but found the shelves mostly empty, shotgun shells was all they had left.

Hmmmm....maybe they should rename this the Bormann-Vermerke Act.
    "Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better"
    -Pat Riley

If the manufacturers were smart they would all halt sales in those states. That would include sales to police departments.... unless they want to purchase them with the sticker: Not legal for sale or use in (regulated) state.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacpope View Post
    I’ve been stockpiling ammo for a while, buying 20 rounds here and there, yesterday wife and I went shopping to Wal-Mart and I drifted to the sporting goods section hoping to grab a box or two but found the shelves mostly empty, shotgun shells was all they had left.
    If you read the bill, you will have to turn in any *un-coded* ammunition or it will be a misdemeanor offense which could lead to hefty fines. So if you stock pile your ammo, I suggest you HIDE the pile in a safe place

This is another "feel good" legislation, that will back door gun control.

i have said this many times. Obama will get our guns, but he will let congress do the work so he can sit back and wash his hands of it all and say "see, it wasn't me, it was congress"
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Funny, it would appear that the authors of that bill have not seen CSI: (fill in your favourite show, I like CSI:Miami)... Besides the babes, they seem to be able to track a bullet quite well.

Just another excuse to pile yet another level of government on the taxpayers... How much is enough, and how much is too much?
    Last edited by ga-hvac-tech; 12-01-2008 at 11:11 PM. Reason: typo's
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14