Cheap HVAC systems

Our church has a second HVAC unit that has been acting up for the past several years..... we were told that replacing this unit would be around xxxx....... Was told today by someone that he knows a contractor who can replace the unit, and has replaced other units for under xxxx...... Myself,, Im skeptical.............. for prices like this should we steer away....... ?

Steer away and read the site rules
    Last edited by Senior Tech; 11-30-2008 at 09:22 PM.

The logical thing to do is pray. This is always the first thing to do.

Very good advice, but not exactly the response I thought I would get............

Jed, word-of-mouth references are nearly always going to be the best way to go if you want to judge quality of work.

If you're going to go strictly by the lowest bid sometimes, though certainly not always, you get what you pay for.

Best of luck!

Ken

Find a reputable contractor. Stay away from the guys with the magnetic signs.

Jed, like has been suggested have a reputable firm or firm's give you all quotes. Word of mouth is the best advertising or the worst as well

You just need to have paper in front of you and your committee or board so you can make intelligent decisions.

Just some food for thought.