Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I just hate it when those #$*% carpenters get in our way!!
    Effort is the 1st step towards failure.

Oh, my!

This is a lawsuit waiting to happen. And we often wonder why insurance rates are high. On the job supervision might help, but this guy just didn't care. About the only way to fix this is to tear everything out, fix the trusses (is anything sagging yet?), go back in and do it properly. Once you start on this, you take on the liability for all of it. So, it's either everything or nothing. There's no getting around it. The h/o didn't quite get the bargin he thought he did.

I'm a new guy to this trade and I would never, NEVER, do a job like this. This guy is a crack addict. I guarantee it. If not that, then heroin.

I went out and fixed what I could as a one-man crew. I repaired the supply plenum so there was some umph and so that the blower compartment could be opened. I found that the bottom of the supply plenum was never taped. Glad I had a few blocks to block the AH up so I could get my arm and hands under it to seal it. Plenum is not designed the way I'd like it to be but it'll have to do as I'm too big to get in there. I added a secondary drain, disconnect, and took about 11 feet of 7 inch duct away. I found that the suction line at the condenser went from 7/8 to 3/4 . They had a 7/8 coupler, stuck 3/4 copper into the 7/8 line all with in 6 inches of each other. Cut it out and used a 7/8 to 3/4 adaptor. The outside disconnect was actually a 3 phase unit using two poles. Nice ground lug. I had 495 microns after 30 minutes. I reached 132 as the unit was pumping down while I spent 3 hours in the attic. Will return tomorrow afternoon to check the charge as it got too cold when I got done. They did remark how the room with the 7 inch repair never blew so hard.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Doug

It's looking better. What did you do about them truss?

showed them pics of the trusses.It is up to them but they are trying to sell which in this area is tough right now. They have been that way for at least almost 4 years. Roof does not appear to sag.
    Doug

Sag vs. Collapse

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    showed them pics of the trusses.It is up to them but they are trying to sell which in this area is tough right now. They have been that way for at least almost 4 years. Roof does not appear to sag.
    Bet they'll fix it when the roof collapses. Wonder what they'll say when it falls, the H.O. is proven to have knowledge of this ridiculous farce, and the insurance co. says they won't pay?

Quote Originally Posted by Coolsville View Post
    This is a lawsuit waiting to happen.
    Yeeeep! That was my very first thought when I seen those photos.
    It's very dirty to rip a person off like that. Hopefully a law suit does/did occur.

wow

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12