This is a lawsuit waiting to happen. And we often wonder why insurance rates are high. On the job supervision might help, but this guy just didn't care. About the only way to fix this is to tear everything out, fix the trusses (is anything sagging yet?), go back in and do it properly. Once you start on this, you take on the liability for all of it. So, it's either everything or nothing. There's no getting around it. The h/o didn't quite get the bargin he thought he did.
I went out and fixed what I could as a one-man crew. I repaired the supply plenum so there was some umph and so that the blower compartment could be opened. I found that the bottom of the supply plenum was never taped. Glad I had a few blocks to block the AH up so I could get my arm and hands under it to seal it. Plenum is not designed the way I'd like it to be but it'll have to do as I'm too big to get in there. I added a secondary drain, disconnect, and took about 11 feet of 7 inch duct away. I found that the suction line at the condenser went from 7/8 to 3/4 . They had a 7/8 coupler, stuck 3/4 copper into the 7/8 line all with in 6 inches of each other. Cut it out and used a 7/8 to 3/4 adaptor. The outside disconnect was actually a 3 phase unit using two poles. Nice ground lug. I had 495 microns after 30 minutes. I reached 132 as the unit was pumping down while I spent 3 hours in the attic. Will return tomorrow afternoon to check the charge as it got too cold when I got done. They did remark how the room with the 7 inch repair never blew so hard.