Quote Originally Posted by Airmechanical View Post
you would not of had enough air to melt things, but it sure would of sooted things up!


Funny enough, there wasn't enough air for combustion.
Remember, fuels have a lower and upper combustibility limit.

With natural gas, it's about 4.3% and 14%. Fuel-air mixture outside that range will NOT ignite!

This mixture would not ignite, which was the reason there was no heat below 40F (when the dual-fuel board switched the heat source from heat pump to furnace). I could sure SMELL the gas though.

Of course, this installation uses propane, but off the top of my head, I can't remember the combustibility limits of Propane.

Funny luck.