Honeywell Interview

Hi All,

Well I have just landed a interview with Honeywell for a controls tech position which is a job I have wanted for a long time. I am trying to get my foot in the door (into the Controls market) with one of the Big Boys and have a chance. Anyone have any inside advice for working at Honeywell Boston area? I have a background in HVAC and software design what could I reasonably expect pay wise if I was offered the position? How are things like the people, Training, Future mobility, etc.. ?

What would you look for in a newbe and what is a realistic expectation of how quickly they should fit in?

-Samp

Thumbs up From a retired Honeyweller!

I spent almost 18 years with HW and probably should have spent more after looking back. I tell my kids to try to work for a company with a pension and stay with them until they are vested. I sure do like to see that pension check appear in my bank account ever 1st of the month. The pay was low at first but as I prooved my worth, things got better. I enjoyed the training although spending a lot of winters in Mn was not my choice, just the best time for branches to send their own to school in Bloomington. Be ppepaired for the 5 week engineering class, otherwise 2-3 weeks is normal. You'll just just have to weigh the pay scale against the market you are in to see if the pay will fit. I credit HW with some of the best years of my life. I would not have had the training for the after world if not for Honeywell. Good luck on the interview.............rrh

I have been with them for 12 years. If your background is in Design, as a tech they may have you doing front end graphics or something like that. I have been very happy with the pay. I have also been able to do 3 different jobs. Started as an energy auditor on performance contracting, a service tech, and now I am an install tech. Next summer I will probably take a sales position when the current rep retires.

If you want to ask any questions you can PM me.
    If it aint broke dont fix it!

Thumbs up Been there

Quote Originally Posted by samp View Post
    Hi All,

Well I have just landed a interview with Honeywell for a controls tech position which is a job I have wanted for a long time. I am trying to get my foot in the door (into the Controls market) with one of the Big Boys and have a chance. Anyone have any inside advice for working at Honeywell Boston area? I have a background in HVAC and software design what could I reasonably expect pay wise if I was offered the position? How are things like the people, Training, Future mobility, etc.. ?

What would you look for in a newbe and what is a realistic expectation of how quickly they should fit in?

-Samp
    I was there for 32 years. Best years of my life to learn the business. They don't teach you everything you need to know to be successful, but provide you the opportunity to learn. Big difference!!!! HW Boston are good people.
    Go for it and good luck!!!
    Thanks. Mike

thanks,

I just wanted some insight I had my interview last week and it went well just have to wait to see if there will be a second round of interviews.

samp

I worked for them in the 70's in the Commercial Building Controls Group, which no longer exists. One of the best positions I ever had. The one thing I really found out is you can tell Honeywell "yes" as many times as you like. But you can only tell them "no" once.

This refers to increased duties, promotions or transfers. Stick with them as long as you can if you get in.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835