Thread: expansion tank

expansion tank

only 4 months old weld gave way 35 psi in system
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    To err is human, to really screw things up takes a service manager

That tank is for hydronics only (Closed System Waters) why is it so rusty and if it was used for hydronics why was the system pressure 35+ is the tank to small for its heating application. If I veiwed the picture correctly that center seam is roll formed not welded????????????????????????????? is that rusted from fresh water ???????????? that tank is manufactured in Italy and usally comes from the Orange Box

after another look the paper label is in the area of where the seams meet it looks like the label is applied prior (In This Situation) prior to the two halves being pressed together and the top edge of the lable may of interfeared with the mech marrige of the two halves (Look closely). Was the tank checked for propper pressure prior & after to its installation and is this a low mass \ water Content system and is their a auto fill and back flow prevention on the potable connection to non potable ????????????? I've seen these tanks before not impressed by their quality

I had one fail with only three years in service on a ground source loop.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

what is up with the strange return comment on the welded halves, it is clear that the two spheres are mech joined, are you aware of whats going on around you and are you the type of person that plugs a releif valve if it leaks, good luck I am out of here. if you are the service person on this system you better run and plug your ears I may even hear the exsplosion from my home.

I had one fail last year after 3 weeks. Normal system, 15 psi in system. The seam split in the middle. Replaced it under warranty with the exact same model tank, never had a problem. Maybe just a bad batch?

That is not a welded tank.

Chicago is an indian word for stinky!!!!!!
    -supertek65

sorry if I jumped on you about this situation, this tank as pictured is for closed loop hydronics only and if it is utilized for and open water system (Geo And Or fresh Potable Water Contact) this tank shall fail you will need a closed system tank please provide backflow potable water prevention\protection. The seperation of potable and non potable waters is so very important Best Lockformer

With or without the expansion tank, 30 psi is the relief valve limit. That is unless it's some boiler rated higher, in which case the 35 psi comment probably wouldn't be there, eh?
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!