+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Homemade oil pack!!!!!!

Post Likes

Homemade oil pack!!!!!!

Rural ingenuity at it's finest. This was done before those god awful oil packs were on the market. As you can see it's a horizontal Thermopride with a lovely sheetmetal box built over it. The second pic is the slab case ac coil right before the duct goes under the old farm house. The last pic is how it all looks when I walked up on it Looks like crap but I guess it works been there 20+ years. More reliable than an oil package unit and you sure was'nt going to fit it under the house I don't know how they even got the duct in there 12 inches or less high in most places.
    duct tape and cable ties will fix anything, if that don't work add a 90-340.

Post Likes
    Looks better than an Armstrong oil pac that I condemed yesterday.

Post Likes
    About anything is better than an Armstrong oil pack, to be honest the Thermopride version ain't much better they seem to do better if you can get folks to put K1 in them instead of #2 oil.
    duct tape and cable ties will fix anything, if that don't work add a 90-340.

Post Likes
    That is funny,looks like something that I would see around here.I hate them armstrong oil packs,that stack on top looks like it could take off like a rocket anytime.
    Look to the past to learn;look forward to live.

Coach Dean E. Smith

Post Likes

Hmm Homemade oil pack!!!!!!

Could have been insalled to cover up the on going meth lab operation
    inside.

Post Likes
    Is that a bird house on top??LOL
    Sound installation practices is the key to success. Equipment is only as good as the person installing it.

If I can't fix it, it ain't broke.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in