Something New...

I have LON jobs lined up on the table and I was going to use Circon controllers, but unfortunately they closed their doors... So i wanted some input on what other manufacturers meet or exceed Circons controllers/software. I'm pretty sure everyone will have different opinions but it will still help. I am geographically isolated (i'm in okinawa) from the states so its real hard for me to keep up with the trend, and how things are shifting...

you have yamatake, and also network corp represents distech in your area.

I don't know what part of circon system you are trying to meet/exceed, each manufacturer has some unique things, but you should be able to work around most issues.

I haven't used them, but the website seems pretty flash.

http://www.voyantsolutions.com/

kontrol out
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

Thanks guys.

Not sure of all the available LON vendors you are aware of but here are some generic places you can get stuff from -

www.engenuity.com - these guys seem to specialize in LON products

www.alpscontrols.com - they carry Echelon products and some others
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    http://threedevilskennel.com/ - not my website.
    Versatile Hunting Dog Federation - www.vhdf.org/

I would recommend Distech. My opinion is it exceeds other LON lines.

Is that you Erhard?

Thumbs up Thanks again

the distech rep offered me a one day free training course, and it was pretty good. i was really impressed with their wireless product lines.

I agree with some of these guys. Distech is a very good product in my opinion. The only instances where I have seen them fail, were due to programmer incompetence. But then again, I have limited experience with other manufacturers.

Quote Originally Posted by jtc View Post
    the distech rep offered me a one day free training course, and it was pretty good. i was really impressed with their wireless product lines.
    I think you guys have to really look at the industry. Those Distech wireless products are Thermokon. However, if Distech made a one-to-one connection directly to their ASC line that would be smart. Otherwise with Thermokon you have to attach to their receiver and then make binds in the LON network. Take that time and the cost of the product and you can wire up a BAPI type sensor much more inexpensively.

I agree with you there sysint. The idea of wireless is pretty cool, in reguards to the industry getting more sophisticated, but personally it would be hard to convince me to use wireless over wired. Call me old fashion, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by kontrolphreak View Post
    I haven't used them, but the website seems pretty flash.

http://www.voyantsolutions.com/

kontrol out
    Distech OEMS for them

Try Lynxspring.com they offer great support!
    Intelli-Building = Less Stress, commissioned with diligence!