Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McCain on Guns

McCain on Guns

I didn't know some of this but :

John McCain co-sponsored a bill that would have eliminated the sale of fire arms at gun shows. 4/4/08

McCain has campaigned for initiatives in Oregon and Colorado to regulate the sale of guns. Wayne LaPierre, President of the NRA said " I've worked with McCain for 24 years, and I can't figure out why he's doing what he's doing" (Desert News, 6/6/01)

McCain received an F-rating from the Gun Owners of America. www.gunowners.org

Who was the real threat??
    Tracers work both ways.

The poster has proven that everyone has an opinion. Now, who has the solution? They ain't politicians because solutions can't be based on lies.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

I didn't post opinions Bill they were documented facts. The reason for the post was more about how Obama was attacked over what some assumed his position on guns was while McCain was assumed to be favorable on guns.
    Ol switcheroo.
    Tracers work both ways.

So tell me, what is Barry's take on sale of guns at shows????
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    I didn't post opinions Bill they were documented facts. The reason for the post was more about how Obama was attacked over what some assumed his position on guns was while McCain was assumed to be favorable on guns.
    Ol switcheroo.
    Personally, I will agree with you on "everyone" jumped the gun so to say, I think folks are making a bigger deal out of it than it really is or is going to be, I have never got caught up in the hype. I went to the Gun show with my son and a friend a few weeks ago and you would have thought the Russians were coming and everyone was stocking up. I was really laughing on the inside the whole time that folks were really buying all the hype but they did. I just looked and left, O my son did buy a pellet pistol now were ready for bear.
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Mr. Magoo was the only "republican" that has ever received and accepted a cash donation from the radical lefty millionaire George Soros, no wonder the GOP is in such big trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    I didn't know some of this but :

John McCain co-sponsored a bill that would have eliminated the sale of fire arms at gun shows. 4/4/08

McCain has campaigned for initiatives in Oregon and Colorado to regulate the sale of guns. Wayne LaPierre, President of the NRA said " I've worked with McCain for 24 years, and I can't figure out why he's doing what he's doing" (Desert News, 6/6/01)

McCain received an F-rating from the Gun Owners of America. www.gunowners.org

Who was the real threat??

One of the first things ever brought up is the fear that "Leftys gonna take my guns"......this will NEVER happen. It's constitutionally protected, and nothing but a GOP scare tactic.If they ban certain types of weapons, they're still available, just more valuable. The AR-15 is a good example.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Quote Originally Posted by smokin68 View Post
    If they ban certain types of weapons, they're still available, just more valuable. The AR-15 is a good example.

I totally agree and how many folks really need those? if I am holding off so many that I need an AR-15 I will probably end up dying anyway, unless of course it's the movies. I have a 9mm and a 44 I am good to go and I still will take out as many probably with those two than an AR-15, not only that my neighbors might live through that battle with an AR your wife and kids and neighbors may be history.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    I totally agree and how many folks really need those? if I am holding off so many that I need an AR-15 I will probably end up dying anyway, unless of course it's the movies. I have a 9mm and a 44 I am good to go and I still will take out as many probably with those two than an AR-15, not only that my neighbors might live through that battle with an AR your wife and kids and neighbors may be history.
    You missed the point!! Owning an AR is not about some fictitious battle or outgunning your imaginary opponents, I have several military style rifles including AR’s and to me as well as many gun owners its all about taking my toys to the range and shoot silly for a whole afternoon, is just clean old fun and if you never shot one try it before too late. AR’s aren’t cheap and very rarely used in criminal acts, what’s the point on banning them?

Quote Originally Posted by smokin68 View Post
    this will NEVER happen. It's constitutionally protected,

LMAO.....So, judges cannot distort or interpret the constitution as they see fit? Hmmmm....
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Quote Originally Posted by hvacpope View Post
    You missed the point!!

Well maybe I did at that, but I also had an opinion in there, personally I don't care if someone owns a US M1A2 Abrams what ever turns them on, it was just my opinion nothing else.

You may ask, "What is the problem with banning one or two kinds of firearms?"
    I hear people almost daily say something like "Obama's not going to take your guns away". Of course he's not going to sign a bill tomorrow to make all guns illegal. Nobody would or could do that, but through a gradual erosion of our rights, it IS happening.

Don't overlook the "back door" approach to gun control- ammunition. "Sure you can have the right to keep and bear arms. We'll just tax and/or regulate the crap out of ammunition until it's unavailable or unaffordable."

Don't let "It can't happen here" become "I never thought it would happen here".

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Well maybe I did at that, but I also had an opinion in there, personally I don't care if someone owns a US M1A2 Abrams what ever turns them on, it was just my opinion nothing else.
    Does it come with turn signals.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast