Quadrafire Help! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    Ummm Jeremy, you are making an assumption. Plain and simple. Otherwise they would be more honest and state what you are trying to inference. Anyway, do you want to start talking about the laws of thermodynamics and heat loss to decide just how good that heat generating piece of equipment can work without duct work? ....something tells me that you don't and can't.
    I make the assumtions???????.....

In fact they dont - this is from their site: "Its powerful engine can produce enough heat to softly warm your home day in and day out." Further: Heating capacity: 2,400 to 3,800 sq. ft.

I dont know where this specifically states that it can replace a central heating system. WINDOW UNITS have sq footage capacities on them too and BTU capacities. Somehow people don't get the same affect out of a 24k btu window unit as they do a central system??? HMMM

Nowhere in my posts do I actually claim to give a crap about this whole subject to the degree you seem to be pushing it nor do I ever defend the manufacturers either. The only reason I ever got involved with stoves and inserts was because I partnered with a family member that did them at the time and it never worked out. I never really enjoyed working on them but they do have their place in life. I think people that spend a majority of their time in a family room that dont want to heat a whole house and like the ambiance of a stove have a use for them. To treat the thing like a replacement unit for your central heating system is asinine and stupid. Until the manufacturer comes out and "claims" it to be a replacement for your furnace or boiler then you really have no point.

Now on the other subject of you personally attacking my ability and KNOW HOW, I suggest you drop me an email if you want to get this personal, as the site rules dont allow me to respond the way I would like to. I can tell from your credentials (oh wait... you dont have any listed...never mind) I can almost guarantee that I have seen and worked on more than you have in this field and I would never talk down to you like that so dont assume that I am some young punk out of vo tech that doesn't know any better. Or that I am some residential king that has never worked on anything under 5 ton. You got some personal gripe with quad then take it up with them. YOU DONT want to drag me into a whizzing contest though and start personally attacking me because I had a comment on the subject.

.....edit

AHHH well I just realized your probably a controls guru from your other posts. That explains alot and now I understand why you think your so far superior than the rest of us grunts. I haven't met a controls guy yet that doesn't think he is gods gift to the world. My sincere apologies Oh Mr controls king.
    I will believe that the government is broke when the welfare checks start bouncing!!

Tell you what Jeremy, because you are great with assumptions and low on qualifications - I have a HVAC contractor and qualifier license, I used to be a steamfitter and a service guy and yeah, I was a controls guy too. Additionally, I've been in this business for over 20 years.

OK your turn if you are so confident in your experience level. "I can almost guarantee that I have seen and worked on more than you have in this field" --- OK go. Ramblings of the inexperienced... EDIT-- Actually, if you haven't worked on a chiller, cooling tower, or boiler over 200MBTUh maybe you should forget it...

You were trying to give the manufacturer a pass on what they advertise and you wonder where a customer gets his ideas. The facts are this is a third-world industry right now and needs some serious regulations.

And Jeremy, I know two homeowners that heat their entire home with pellet stoves. One even has three bedrooms and over 2400 square feet. I know, it's unfathomable to you, but I can see that by your posts. Pellet stoves put out heat. This heat can be quantified. And, it will naturally move, and not just "up".

How is this helping the original poster? I'm not even reading all that rubbish.

Tell you what Jeremy, because you are great with assumptions and low on qualifications - I have a HVAC contractor and qualifier license, I used to be a steamfitter and a service guy and yeah, I was a controls guy too. Additionally, I've been in this business for over 20 years.

OK your turn if you are so confident in your experience level. "I can almost guarantee that I have seen and worked on more than you have in this field" --- OK go. Ramblings of the inexperienced... EDIT-- Actually, if you haven't worked on a chiller, cooling tower, or boiler over 200MBTUh maybe you should forget it...

You were trying to give the manufacturer a pass on what they advertise and you wonder where a customer gets his ideas. The facts are this is a third-world industry right now and needs some serious regulations.

And Jeremy, I know two homeowners that heat their entire home with pellet stoves. One even has three bedrooms and over 2400 square feet. I know, it's unfathomable to you, but I can see that by your posts. Pellet stoves put out heat. This heat can be quantified. And, it will naturally move, and not just "up".

I read this last night on my blackberry and almost ran into a tree laughing so much. You have a special van to drive around your large ego? You think chillers, cooling towers and big boilers make you a man or something. Actually I've worked on hundreds of chillers and cascade systems. Not sure what makes a cooling tower so special but yes to that too. And the boilers another yes to but not nearly as much as I do refrigeration. I don't care about big boilers too much but to each his own. You can go to fessytems.com to see whom I used to work for actually. Second larges industrial refrigeration/ screw compressor packager in the country. Largest screw chiller skid manufacturer.

Now that being said I will battle with you in private from now on....tough guy.
    I will believe that the government is broke when the welfare checks start bouncing!!

My issue with you is always the same. You were giving the manufacturer a free pass and doing the all-too-typical "the customer is an idiot" routine.

You are the one with the ego problem. You wanted to slam the customer and then thought you were on par with what I had to say experience-wise. Then since you picked up your (I'm going to guess) recent history with the current company you are with you are going to out-genius somebody else.

Anyway, your link doesn't exist. With your lack of technical information presented I started simple so you could understand what I was talking about. Laugh at yourself for your inability to be articulate. If you can't reason past what the manufacturer is doing and you feel all customers are idiots you really can't be all that sharp. Do you have even 10 years in the industry? I'm thinking not.

Anyway, Madison tech is right. This is going nowhere....

Well, I hope that is finished.

Let's try to stay on topic.

I guarantee you that Admin's button is bigger.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

My issue with you is always the same. You were giving the manufacturer a free pass and doing the all-too-typical "the customer is an idiot" routine.

You are the one with the ego problem. You wanted to slam the customer and then thought you were on par with what I had to say experience-wise. Then since you picked up your (I'm going to guess) recent history with the current company you are with you are going to out-genius somebody else.

Anyway, your link doesn't exist. With your lack of technical information presented I started simple so you could understand what I was talking about. Laugh at yourself for your inability to be articulate. If you can't reason past what the manufacturer is doing and you feel all customers are idiots you really can't be all that sharp. Do you have even 10 years in the industry? I'm thinking not.

Anyway, Madison tech is right. This is going nowhere....

Oh sorry I missed a letter. fessystems.com
    Someone with all your experience could have figured it out.

Your post full of assumptions about me and exactly "what I am thinking or saying" is a bunch of crap and as I said I will take this up with you in private. Your constant "guessing" of my experience, things you THINK I am trying to say, ego , etc is cute and all. Perhaps you should try your routine on a group of teenage girls. It might actually impress someone like that. You seem to get off on talking down to people.

Now. Lets talk in private....like real men.

Public and private are no different to me. Give it to me straight - Do you have even 10 years in the industry or not? Complete an apprenticeship or not? -- (As long as you are pushing your experience level -- EDIT- My point with this is that I still have more experience - actually years more. Probably over 10 years more)

Anyway, that's a side point to my issue with you - that you give the manufacturer a free pass and you think all the customers are idiots. EDIT: bad precedent to set for yourself.

Public and private are no different to me. Give it to me straight - Do you have even 10 years in the industry or not? Complete an apprenticeship or not? -- (As long as you are pushing your experience level -- EDIT- My point with this is that I still have more experience - actually years more. Probably over 10 years more)

Anyway, that's a side point to my issue with you - that you give the manufacturer a free pass and you think all the customers are idiots. EDIT: bad precedent to set for yourself.
    If you read the private message I sent you maybe you will stop spouting off. Yes I have over ten years thank you very much. See if you would READ the words that I actually do write you would remember I told you I'm not some young punk out of school. Stop acting like a child and twisting people words. I had one comment about SOME people thinking they could install a pellet stove and rip out their central heat and you turned that into giving quad a free pass. Stop acting like a teenage girl and twisting my words. Go read your private message and respond to that if you want to really get down and dirty with it. Otherwise I am done talking to you.

I will reinforce what I just said. I DO NOT think customers are idiots. YOU ARE!! But not the customers.

Now if you have a problem with English comprehension then I suggest you go back to grade school.

Thumbs down dead thread

Guys, you sound like two little school kids on the playground. I have asked the Mods to kill this thread because it is no longer of any educational value and has become embarrassing. Please drop it!
    Thx.

I'll defer to Jeremy's huge abundance of experience on the matter... He lists himself as 32 years old so I'm sure he was so good he bypassed any 5 year apprenticeship and he actually has over 10 years experience on the job knowing everything instantly and started in the industry at about age 16.

FYI, I am 27, and I started in the fireplace industry 4 years ago. I learned a few things from the other people where I work but most was self taught from experience or researching. A have a little bit of formal training but usually I already knew the material that was being covered. I have zero experience with fireplaces or anything like them, all my previous job were customer service at retail stores.

I will have to agree with JR and hearthman.... sysint and jeremy-lvhm.. you guys take it off the site. JR is easy but Admin can be a real pain about such arguing.

Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast