Thread: Hussman Cases

Hussman Cases

Took these piece's of sh#t out last winter and installed 3 year old Hussman cases.....

The store closed 3 months later so we took the new ones out and installed them in another store

Last edited by Dchappa21; 11-25-2008 at 07:47 PM. Reason: spacing

This is the suction and liquid line for the beer case in the next iasle over.. it looked like they ran the lines and set the case on top after
    Man am I glad I didn't cut that line with the sawzall

wire nuts are your friend.

whats up with all the wire nuts

Something has to hold it together.....

i have a customer that has two of those cases...i screwed with them forever, the evaps would ice up..so there was a hussman guy in town doing work at another store..i cornered him and he said these cases are a pain to get the drain water to go away..he said to put on a 90 minute defrost.. the floor was all buckled from water getting under the sheet metal and freezing...knock on wood i havent worked on them in about 2 years..

Quote Originally Posted by primmers View Post
    i have a customer that has two of those cases...i screwed with them forever, the evaps would ice up..so there was a hussman guy in town doing work at another store..i cornered him and he said these cases are a pain to get the drain water to go away..he said to put on a 90 minute defrost.. the floor was all buckled from water getting under the sheet metal and freezing...knock on wood i havent worked on them in about 2 years..
    I hated trying to find the stupid 1/2" drain hole in to bottom right coner of the case when it was cover with ice.

know what i did?? i wired in a flexable drain line heater for it..

Ya I had drain heaters in em too, but they would still ice over from price tags getting clogged in the drain hole and water building up. What a stupid design.