Help with Old Staefa

Hello everyone,
    I am having a little difficulty with a sight that has an old Staefa system I believe its a MS1800 NCRE,Smart II control boards, the building personel didnt see they needed to have a frontend so they ditched the PC I need a way to jack in and see what the building control is doing these no heat calls are really getting old,also I do not normally work on controls that much so please keep it simple.Thanks (I will have to check this late this afternoon)

You need a program called PC tool or a Smart II service tool, but you will only be able to look at the card you are plugged into. Your in Atlanta correct? my email is in my profile. I'm an old Staefa guy so get in tuch with me and I will see if I can help you out.

Thanks for the reply
    emailed you last night

Staefa 1 Software or Handheld

We have an old Staefa 1 system that we have just been asked to service. We will be converting the whole building soon but need tools to service the existing in the interum. I have been told the old Staefa softare is dos based and that there may be a handheld tool we can use. We have neither. The software was lost by the previous service provider. If you know where I can find the software or old handheld tool it would be helpful.
    My email is bdawson at hunterdavisson.com.

Please read the rules. No e-mail addresses in posts
    Last edited by Senior Tech; 02-15-2009 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ctrussell View Post
    You need a program called PC tool or a Smart II service tool, but you will only be able to look at the card you are plugged into. Your in Atlanta correct? my email is in my profile. I'm an old Staefa guy so get in tuch with me and I will see if I can help you out.
    PC Tool or a Service Tool will get you into the Smart Card, not the NCRE. The NCRE (or Node) probably has logic using SM2 inputs and controlling outputs. The Node commands show up at the SM2 as a manual command. If you toggle an SM2 Card output to auto with the Service Tool or PC Tool, disconnect, wait a couple minutes, reconnect and that point is in manual, the Node is controlling it. The Node can interact with the SM2's in many ways, including toggling control from the card to the Node and back as required. It also schedules Occ/Unocc depending on the SM2.
    Hope this helps.
    Jogas
    Four wheel therapy, my 1968 Camaro is gone and will be missed

Old Staefa

Thanks for the reply, I shot you an email as well.
    Is it possible to find a copy of the PC tool or an old Service Tool somewhere?

Forgot to mention, we are in Portland Oregon.

I have both staefa PC tools 5.0 and 1 . Do you have the cable to go from the PC to sm2 card ? I need the pin out !

Software and Cable

There is a cable on site that was used to attach to a 25pin to the PC. Can we get a copy of the software from you. If you need the pin out configuration from the on site cable we could dissasemble and get you the information.

Quote Originally Posted by hdiaci View Post
    There is a cable on site that was used to attach to a 25pin to the PC. Can we get a copy of the software from you. If you need the pin out configuration from the on site cable we could dissasemble and get you the information.
    PcTool uses the PC's Com Port...DB9, not DB25.
    Could it be the DB25 printer port your looking at on the NCRE?
    Jogas
    Four wheel therapy, my 1968 Camaro is gone and will be missed