Thread: Trane BCU

Trane BCU

Is the any controller replacement that can take over a TRANE Comm4 system if the BCU is fried. JCI, FX, JACE, etc that will supervise the devices on the comm4 wiring.

2 SXHF rtu's with TCI comm boards in them, and about 20 vav boxes with VA UCM4.2 boards in them.
    UA Local 141

Good BeGeezus Berg, You were actively posting in the thread talking about it a week or so ago.

At least you have seen the NAE was a dead end solution.

Maybe im wrong but just buying a new BCU and dumping the code right back in would seem a lot cheaper than buying a new controller, taking the man hours to program and integrate/troubleshoot/replace controllers and retrain the owner.

Now if they dont like the bcu then thats different story.

I think I have a couple BCU's lying around. I'll sell them cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    email me

email me too.

sysint email me.

Berg, I have heard of a few vendors who rep the Tridium product line who have developed their own Comm4 drivers. I know that they have the VAV's down pat, but the issues that they were having was with all of the data passed back and forth when a UPCM is on the link.

I kind of got to see where the issues are with developing this kind of driver and all I can say is Kudos to the guys who take the time to do it. Trane put some weird checksums over the comm links. But again I know that the solution is out there being developed, but I have not heard that they are done with these drivers.

Oops..... I haven't been checking this one. I'll go to the office this afternoon and look. I think I have two BCU's, but I don't know what versions.

I also have an extra COMM card I think... Or maybe it's a modem card.

Would be nice to find a BMTW laying around. I think I have about 10 modems, 20 NIC's, and all kinds of ARCNet cards.

OK Here's what I've got.

SN E97K09475 and SN E97E05053. I forgot how to tell the version. ARCnet cards and at least one modem card. I also have NIB modem card.
    Looks like at least one COMM 4 card. I'd have to check. I want to say Circa 1993-ish but maybe the SN gives that away.

OK Here's what I've got.

SN E97K09475 and SN E97E05053. I forgot how to tell the version. ARCnet cards and at least one modem card. I also have NIB modem card.
    Looks like at least one COMM 4 card. I'd have to check. I want to say Circa 1993-ish but maybe the SN gives that away.
    They are from 1997 and I'm nearly positive that they're BMTS BCU's.

Practically brand new .... I can't remember what project they were pulled from. They should work fine. No software (I can find right now) so I can't go any further than that.