Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bush give a blanket pardon to all charged with war crimes while he was C&C.

If Bush doesn't then the Democrats will start bringing charges against any and all combat GI's who caused collateral damage while in combat with the enemy during Bush's term in office. If a stray bullet hits a civilian then they are subject to being charged by the anti military Democrats in charge, count on it.

http://digg.com/world_news/George_W_...ved_in_torture
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Let's hope that he will.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

With all respect for our Troops, I find it hard to believe that any reasonable person would now volunteer knowing that the "present administration"
    would abandon them for doing what their trained to do. Protect America from threats.

Ummm, some of our military personnel behaved badly and immorally and need to pay the piper. Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater. In this case, the baby would be our integrity and morals.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

And maybe he could pardon a couple of Border Agents!
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Ummm, some of our military personnel behaved badly and immorally and need to pay the piper. Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater. In this case, the baby would be our integrity and morals.
    Yes. But I don't think anyone here would argue that.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Quote Originally Posted by behappy View Post
    And maybe he could pardon a couple of Border Agents!
    With back pay and fire all those involved in their conviction and imprisonment.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Glenn has a liberal view on what a war crime is.

I would like to know, if he pardons every one and they are brought in front of congress, can they plead the 5th. I would think not.

So maybe a pardon is a good thing, it might help finding out who gave the orders, and just maybe the right people might go to jail.

I doubt a pre-emptive pardon could ever hold up in today's climate. Having said that, if people have over-stepped their directives, they should be punished.

Praising the pardoning of criminals?

Hum......this just doesn't sound right, it sounds extremely LEFT!!!!
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

So show me a presidet in modern times that has not pardoned a bunch of folks at the end of their administration... There are a number of things to consider: *CYA *Close the door to the past and let the country go forward *Avoid allowing a precident to be set of rattling skeletons in closets... I think it is just a good idea to not go on a witch hunt into past administrations... And lets not forget; how many crooks did Bill Clinton pardon in his last days in the white house? If we choose to go after Bush and co, then it is only right to go after Bill Clinton and company... do you really want to do that??
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    If we choose to go after Bush and co, then it is only right to go after Bill Clinton and company... do you really want to do that??
    Nobody mentioned Clinton,bush Sr.,Reagon,Carter ro anyone else. The post is about "W", whose not only pardoning criminals and being supported on here for doing such, but is also burrowing his people into civil servant positions in a direct attempt to sabotage Obama. Real patriotic. Keep up the great job WORST PRESIDENT EVER.....worse than CARTER!!!!!
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Only a complete fool would think that Bush does anything different than anyone previous.

Further, Clinton I think pardoned more people than anyone previously. How about Marc Rich? Wouldn't you like to have his 48 million in tax evaded dollars? I thought the Dems didn't cover for financiers. Ooops. Clinton had 465 pardons and OMG he even pardoned CRIMINALS. I think Rich was even involved with BIG OIL deals with IRAN and IRAQ. Nice guy. Pardon by Bill... Everyone knows BIG OIL is evil. Marc Rich was involved with BIG OIL and Clinton pardoned him.

George W Bush has 171 so far.

So, I guess Bush is actually doing less than the previous guy.

Guess I know what you are smokin' now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast