Mitsubishi 2 Ton Mr. Slim A/C...need help!!!

Need some clarification - according to the attached spec sheet, the Locked Rotor Amps for the 2 Ton unit Mr. Slim (PUY-A24NHA/PKA-A24FA) is 14amps.
    This seemed low to me so i called up the local distributor who has an engineer on staff and he explained that the Mr. Slim has a soft start inverter controller.

Can anyone validate this?

I'm trying to determine the correct size of generator that will be able to provide backup power only for this a/c unit. I don't want to oversize the generator due to cost and footprint restraints.

Any immediate help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuse size for a two ton mr slim is 25a max fuse amps. Running amps may only be 14a. According to the data sheet you provided rla is 12 you may want to check the outdoor unit name plate to double check and yes Mr Slim utilizes d.c inverter technology.

Quote Originally Posted by jwiehagen76 View Post
    Fuse size for a two ton mr slim is 25a max fuse amps. Running amps may only be 14a. According to the data sheet you provided rla is 12 you may want to check the outdoor unit name plate to double check and yes Mr Slim utilizes d.c inverter technology.
    i have yet to purchase the a/c unit. I'm just trying to obtain some sort of confirmation that I should be using the rated RLA on the spec sheet to size my genset.