Gurgling sound from central heat (gas)

About once or twice a day, when the central heat (natural gas) cycles off, a gurgling sound comes from the furnace area. Any ideas what this could be?

I'm not too smart on my HVAC system so it may be something I need to call a technician for.

Thanks
    C

What type of furnace do you have?
    "We'll have to outwit the fiend with our superior intelligence." Yukon Cornelius

Some people are like Slinkies---not good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!

Assuming it is forced air, not hydronic and it is 90%+ condensing type furnace, the noise most likely is the condensate drain system. If there is a self cleansing humidifier connected to the drain system and it's running, that could also account for the noise.
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM

If you have a 90+ furnace sounds like ,condensate pump running after furnace cycles off

Its a Ducane. Not sure if it is 90% or not. Is this a problem I need to do something about?

Could be a bad check valve at the disharge of the condensate pump letting water drain back into th pump.

I would recommend having it checked by a knowledgable HVAC techncian. It could be just a condensate pump and that's not a problem. However it could also be a drain problem regardingn condensate from the furnace itself. Frequently when the furnace is involved, it's warning of a coming no heat situation. So have it checked just to be safe and possbily avoid an unanticiapted service call at some inopertune time.
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!

It sounds like a drainage problem to me also.

Next time it runs , go outside and listen to the flue. Many times after installation if the flue pipe is not supported properly it can sag trapping moisture and making a gurgeling sound. Turn the furnace off at the switch and see if water returns from somewhere.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.