Technique for using IR camera?

I have access to a nice Fluke IR camera and would like to do an "audit" on my home to find leaks/missing insulation/etc. The outdoor temps will be in the 20's and 30's. So, in order to maximize contrast and make the best use of the equipment, what is the best technique? Should I try to take measurements on the outside of the house early in the morning before the sun has a chance to heat the surface of the brick and roof? Should I raise the indoor temps? Should the air handler/ERV be running? Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks.

They work really well when combined with a blower door.

Doing the imaging before the door is run will verify insulation integrity.
    Imaging again after the door is run will verify the integrity of the air barrier.

Key areas like soffits, can lights, chases, etc.... should be focused on too.

Fluke just released a dvd on thermal imaging basics that you might be able to get at no charge since you have a Fluke imager.

The Fluke is what I've been using and I've been very happy with it.
    Have you set up a Google alert for Carbon Monoxide yet?
    Click here to find out how.

the one time i saw it being done on a house was at night.

it was cool watching a guy come down the steps inside the house right thru the walls.

No advice but Twilli got your theme song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4KjO6gx65w
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Install the new Coleman infinity and it will automatically seal all leaks and cool and heat your home for a lifetime, use the search feature here to see what folks think of there new Coleman Infinity Systems.
    By the way if you installing the new Coleman Infinity Systems you can throw away all those fancy tools you won't need them anymore, you will be like the Maytag man.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Install the new Coleman infinity and it will automatically seal all leaks and cool and heat your home for a lifetime, use the search feature here to see what folks think of there new Coleman Infinity Systems.
    By the way if you installing the new Coleman Infinity Systems you can throw away all those fancy tools you won't need them anymore, you will be like the Maytag man.
    Really less then helpful,and not even close to being a comedian,but keep trying,maybe next year!!!

Do the Carrier guys in your backyard,really take that much business away from you,with those Infinity's???Something sure has a burr under your saddle,is that it??Sure seems like it.