+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question for other NorthEast supermarket techs

Post Likes

Question for other NorthEast supermarket techs

We have been really slow for awhile now. I'm trying to figure out if its just us, or if the stores in general are trying to hold off on outside service contractors. I have always maintained 15/20hrs of ot, it isn't there right now. Questioning when its time to move on. Tim

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nesc522 View Post
    We have been really slow for awhile now. I'm trying to figure out if its just us, or if the stores in general are trying to hold off on outside service contractors. I have always maintained 15/20hrs of ot, it isn't there right now. Questioning when its time to move on. Tim
    We are a little slow, too.

10-20 in the summer and COLD winter, but 5 otherwise.

Part of it is the stores not calling and at least here, part is my company watching the contract dollars.

If a service call can wait till tomorrow, then it does.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    We are a little slow, too.

10-20 in the summer and COLD winter, but 5 otherwise.

Part of it is the stores not calling and at least here, part is my company watching the contract dollars.

If a service call can wait till tomorrow, then it does.
    Ditto on that last year 15-30 hrs ot every week now were also watching the contract dollars.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by crackertech View Post
    Ditto on that last year 15-30 hrs ot every week now were also watching the contract dollars.
    You know, I always thought that I had it rough...

10 hours is a pretty normal off-call week during the summer. For an on-call week in the summer, 15-25 hours OT is standard.

In the other seasons 15 hours OT is a VERY busy week.

I have yet to hit that 30 hour mark.

We have always had a fall and a spring lull period when we do our HVAC checks and PM work.

This year, I have had guys asking me if the company lays guys off when it gets slow.

The thought had never crossed my mind until this year. I'm secure in my position, but there is some dead weight around...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    You know, I always thought that I had it rough...

10 hours is a pretty normal off-call week during the summer. For an on-call week in the summer, 15-25 hours OT is standard.

In the other seasons 15 hours OT is a VERY busy week.

I have yet to hit that 30 hour mark.

We have always had a fall and a spring lull period when we do our HVAC checks and PM work.

This year, I have had guys asking me if the company lays guys off when it gets slow.

The thought had never crossed my mind until this year. I'm secure in my position, but there is some dead weight around...
    The exact same with us. I'm secure in my position, but I'm amazed at some of the guys refusing service calls. Either they don't want to do a pm, or for what ever reason they do not want the call. They don't realize that if things don't change, some guys will be cut loose. It always slows in the fall, but it seems this time that we are losing work to smaller companys. I'm curious how this will turn out.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in