Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

You mean you cant stop a leak with tape???

The new leak stopping tape..haha
    Attached Images Attached Images  

http://www.rescuetape.com/?gclid=CPT...FRlRagodpD9H-A

interesting, . . . very interesting ? ? ?

Just what every service van needs!

wow they actually have a product for half ass repairs like that???

That is sad. Pull out the torch and fix that thing. Worst part is that is the make up water and there is a shutoff valve less than 12" from it. i guess it could have been worse if it was on a refrigerant line.Haha

it sounds and looks like glorified electrical tape.

Rescue tape is just that, a rescue. As in temporary repair until a real repair can be made. Works great for all kinds of things for short term, temporary repairs. I wouldn't use it for water leaks though. Anyone that tries to use it as a permanent repair doesn't belong in this field.

Quote Originally Posted by locked_rotor View Post
    it sounds and looks like glorified electrical tape.
    Not so. It's way better, especially if you want to tape somethikng waterproof like wiring. Stuff seals to itself and you cannot tear it open. Self sealing self healing. Good stuff for some applications, not all
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress. John Adams

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. H. L. Mencken

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
    -John Wayne

Talking

Hey give some credit, they used some cable ties to customise it, and in a contrasting color no less....
    GO DAWGS!

HAHA I like the piss stream towards the camera. Worked for a week or two I bet.

The plumber was just redirecting the flow haha

Easy: This was probably a middle of the night repair, and then the customer refused the contractor to come back the next day to finish fixing the problem. This is like when you go out of your way and take apart that rusty old inducer motor, sand the rust off, and lube it up to get it to run for the weekend until you can get a replacement, then the customer won't let you come back to fix it right on Monday.....
    I r the king of the world!...or at least I get to stand on the roof and look down on the rest of yall

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelbaron View Post
    Easy: This was probably a middle of the night repair, and then the customer refused the contractor to come back the next day to finish fixing the problem. This is like when you go out of your way and take apart that rusty old inducer motor, sand the rust off, and lube it up to get it to run for the weekend until you can get a replacement, then the customer won't let you come back to fix it right on Monday.....

But when they do call back when it pukes again, the price is going to be higher than last time.....
    GO DAWGS!

Just what homeowners need.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast