Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pics

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetaldad View Post
    we should be doing a r12 to134 conversion this winter on a 1100tEF. tubes,and gears. not sure about the wheels. (3rd outta 3 in the building)
    This machine is running 134 but has the original (R12) tubes and gears. I'm thinking that it might be a good idea to go ahead and update things while it's down, I'd like to see a controls upgrade too but we'll see.

we did a simple conversion on 1,no tubes,,no gear, lost abouts 100t

Quote Originally Posted by turbomaster View Post
    Here are a few pics for your enjoyment. More to come.
    Mike
    I would soooooooo lose a finger in that mess....

Nice pics though....
    I need a new signature.....

Tubes not required to get tonnage, if you get the right gear set, impellers, diaphram, etc., etc..
    Controls upgrade is always good, did a 17FA controls upgrade, only real stumbling block was enclosures had to be explosion proof. Istallation went well and works great.

Recent pics:
    1st is new thrust shoes and counterthrust bearing, looks funny due to oil on bearing faces.

2nd is new high speed shaft journal bearing.

3rd is a shot of the tail bearing and rigging needed to put it in (among other things) installing the tail bearing/laby/rear seal assy is a real treat

4th is the transmission case cover bolt holes that others installed helicoils in improperly. These had to be removed and new ones installed. All the holes needed cleaned out and threads dressed. Why people don't take the time to clean and dress their threads and bolt hole is why this stuff happens

5th is a shot of the econo damper valve... whats wrong with this pic? It is exactly as I found it upon removal and you are looking at the inlet side, gas coming from the econo.

6th is a pic of removing the bad helicoil job. Man that was fun!

Last seen, hiding in the corner praying to the chiller gods for mercy
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Mike did you wipe everything off or did you just leave all your sploodge

and did you order that manual

wonder what the oil samples were like on this machine. Was anybody taking oil samples?

Quote Originally Posted by frick View Post
    Mike did you wipe everything off or did you just leave all your sploodge

and did you order that manual
    No, just the oil

Not yet
    Last edited by turbomaster; 12-18-2008 at 08:39 PM. Reason: posted wrong

Quote Originally Posted by brooklyntech View Post
    wonder what the oil samples were like on this machine. Was anybody taking oil samples?
    Seems there may have been a lapse in the sampling, but yes there were at one time samples taken. Lets just say a major manufacturer had these machines under their care so to speak and now we have what we see here today... I have never been one to lay blame or fault to anyone, usually actions and results will speak for themselves and that is quite enough. Iv'e made enough mistakes over the years and hope to have learned enough to not repeat them so I am rather forgiving on these matters. What it is is what it is.

Some more...
    The motor needed some attention. Had a bad winding temp thermistor and several of the motor cooling nozzles plugged. It looks like it ran warm. Rigging went quite well, very smooth and fairly easy despite carrying the main beam up 12 flights of stairs, wouldn't fit in the elevator. Might be done with it someday here. I'm thinking to do a first for me, and set up a tripod to do a start - up video. Realized today this machine is an across the line starter. Thats a hell of a hit on inrush current.
    Hope ya'll enjoy the pics.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

HoHoHo!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Yeah, Martin, all them chain falls is just for you!!! Chain falls and chokers and shackles Oh My. It's really all in the rigging ain't it now. And to think I ran off and left our good 2 ton chain hoist and had to borrow one. A good chiller man can never have enough ... TOOLS. And when he thinks he does he's in heaven and dead to this world.
    I still prescribe to Richard L's adage "ain't none of us as smart as all of us" that's the best one I've heard yet. (It's good cause it's true)

Last seen... in the corner of the mechanical room burning incense to appease the chiller gods. We ran out of incense so we lit the tempil stiks but damn they smoked up the place real bad, maybe pissed the chiller gods off, I don't know yet. Going to Wally World to get mo incense.

God, I hope that wasn't our company who had those under their care. Thats a big machine to be X-line start. Do the lights go dim when it cranks up?

Quote Originally Posted by jemawalton View Post
    God, I hope that wasn't our company who had those under their care. Thats a big machine to be X-line start. Do the lights go dim when it cranks up?
    I reckon with 3-500 mcm cables per leg it doesn't do too bad, never really noticed if the lights dim though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast