Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    40 isn't far from 35.

prolly would be 35 in there if it is set at 40, inless you have insulated it well

i put a HP in my dads garage, and its stay about 40 in there with the stat set on 40
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Spotts,whats the model # of the Honeywell that you use? I just sent a message to Honeywell asking about garage thermostat that goes down to 35 degrees.Theres no water pipes in my garage to freeze just motorcycles and they have anti-freeze in them! KTM's

I found one !!!

I found a brand called RITETEMP at my local HomeDepot store that advertises 35-95. I havent hooked it up yet but will soon.THX for the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by rcers View Post
    I found a brand called RITETEMP at my local HomeDepot store that advertises 35-95. I havent hooked it up yet but will soon.THX for the replies.
    Oh man please don't use that POS. You will regret it soon, waste of $. Get the Honneywell it is So much beter, and it will last more than one season.
    I r the king of the world!...or at least I get to stand on the roof and look down on the rest of yall

Have you guys seen these when the heat sticks on? Family comes home and all of their candles are drooping over.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

i would have held out for the Honeywell...............

Get the Honeywell!
    You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel...

http://rapalaguy.spaces.live.com/

it'll be rite broke like the one i changed out last weekend

yes, weekend
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

I've installed FocusPro by Honeywell, and I thought there was a way to trick them into going below 40F, maybe off setting (calibrating) the thermister. By playing with the FocusPro, cycle per hour, time delays etc, you maybe able to save more money with them at 40 F than another t-stat at 35 F. The LCD screens have a tendency to fade and lock-up below 32F. Several years ago I installed Digital thermostats, in a video editting studio. They had remodeled and wanted everything to look futurific. I Made the T-Stats "Indiglo" by putting a piece of Acrylic behind them with LEDs lighting the Acrylic. Had to redo them as it made the t-stats 3 to 5 degress off.

Ok no garage should be under 55 degrees, this should be code! Beer drinking needs to be done in comfortable temperatures. mine stay at 60 just in case the need rises to escape...

Old T87 with a Q539 sub base off level. We recycle them (give away). It will throw your AC temps off a like amount but that's easy enough to compensate for
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12