Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need thermostat for garage that goes down to 35 degrees?

I have a electric furnace with a/c in my garage and Im looking for a thermostat that will go down to 35 degrees.The only ones Ive been able to find at the hardware store only go down to 45 degrees.THX

line voltage or low voltage?

low voltage

Hey rcers (or should i say fellow ktmtalk member?) I would just us a refrigeration t-stat.

If you put a heat source next to it, it'll think 35 is 45. A 25w bulb, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by yda View Post
    Hey rcers (or should i say fellow ktmtalk member?) I would just us a refrigeration t-stat.
    Ditto. Refrig stat will do it.

theres a special garage thermostat by Honeywell. 35-65. A standard focus pro goes down to 40. Thats what I use.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Refridge T-Stat??

Please explain the Fridge T-Stat? Will it wire up for a heat and cool system with manual selection between heat and cool? Im not a hvac guy at all,im just a guy who needs a thermostat for the garage so(needs to be simple)
    Yes,Im a KTMTALK guy :-)

Why would you want to let the garage get so cold?

Quote Originally Posted by rcers View Post
    Please explain the Fridge T-Stat? Will it wire up for a heat and cool system with manual selection between heat and cool? Im not a hvac guy at all,im just a guy who needs a thermostat for the garage so(needs to be simple)
    Yes,Im a KTMTALK guy :-)
    Yes and no. It is a single pole, double throw t-stat. There is a set of contacts that closes as the temp rises and, at the same time, a set that opens as temp rises.

Its not like a honeywell stat with switches or levers to select the mode of the unit. When temp falls enough, heat comes on, when temp rises enough, AC comes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay 41 View Post
    Why would you want to let the garage get so cold?
    Probably due to the fact the automobiles are designed for warm temperatures. Extreme heat has little or no effect on them, but the cold will dry rot belts, tires, hoses, vinyl seats, dash boards, etc..

The heat set this low is perfect for the part time rebuilder or classic car collector.

for a heat-cool system go with the one spotts posted.

if you use a spdt refrig stat you will have no off position it will always try to heat or cool depending on room temp..........

I'd be more concerned about pipes freezing; that's why house 'stat only goes down to 45F.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast