Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Keep in mind, that PPL has a big rate hike coming for us in 2010.
    Select your heat pump wisely.
    I am also in PECO electric territory. In 2010 when electric is deregulated our increase is said to be only 10 percent because we already have the highest rates in the state. I am looking at the current rates. It looks like rate RH(residential heating) pays less than rate R(residential non heating) in the winter when your usage gets over 600kwh which is good, but in the summer you pay slightly more than rate R under and over the 500kwh--so your rate is just higher period. So they GET YOU anyway you go.

dont quote me, not a trane guy. i put in trane a variable speed. the motor is direct current and was quoted u can run fan 24/7 at acost of 50-60$ per year. that should be a $ saver.

I was at my Rotary meeting at Excelon in Kennett Square and they said 20-30% increase at our meeting at their trading floor location.
    It's NOT the BRAND,it's the company that installs it!!!!!

http://www.timesleader.com/business/...0-02-2008.html

PPL has 36.1% hike in 2010.
    Plus they just applied for a increase before then.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by heatpumpguru View Post
    I was at my Rotary meeting at Excelon in Kennett Square and they said 20-30% increase at our meeting at their trading floor location.
    So the news paper is incorrect huh? Not surprising... And we are the ones with the nuclear power plants--supposed to be so cheap. I haven't seen that yet.

Kennett Square? I am originally from the Oxford area.

Quote Originally Posted by heatpumpguru View Post
    I suppose they are going to keep our current charge structure and continue to charge a customer charge, and then for the energy, the transmission and the distribution, all at different rates, along with charging more for usage in the summer when we exceed using 500KWH. Who is getting the 20% and who is getting the 30% increase?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    http://www.timesleader.com/business/...0-02-2008.html

PPL has 36.1% hike in 2010.
    Plus they just applied for a increase before then.
    I followed the link in your post. It says that PPL is offering a program so that customers can prepay into a fund which will earn 6% interest which will help ease the transition to higher costs.

I read the PECO rate tariff submitted in September of this year and they are offering a similar plan, but the dates they give call for the rate increase in 2012 and 2013. Not sure I understand that.

I have a 14 seer AC purchased in 2002. Should I be thinking of getting a 19 seer? How much will that save? Oh, and forget about a heat pump.

Getting a 19SEER now, wouldn't have a payback.

As far as heat pumps with teh rate incfreases. They will still be cheaper then gas or oil omly in dual fuel applications.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12