Confused Siemens apogee parts repair

I am new to this site and i can say wow i wish i knew about it before. sort of stumbled on to it.
    I have some parts that need repair including an apogee open processor and a couple of MEC's and modules. Does anyone know where i can get them fixed?
    I have some Johnson metasys stuff that is broken too but it is not as expensive to replace.

FWIW

Depending on the complexity of the particular unit, I know of a forum that can help a knowledgeable DIYer fix some of this. I don't know how to tell if it's permissible to publish the link on this forum.

Relay logic is easy, some symptoms mean an easy fix, intermittent problems are more difficult.

You'll need schematics, though. Siemens may not want to give these out, or may charge so much for them that almost no one would want them.

I can advise you, in general, if you can supply details of the unit and symptoms. My advice will be better if you post a schematic.

The only problems that you could really take care of on an Open Processor or an MEC would be configuration or firmware issues.
    You could troubleshoot down to the board level, depending on the symptoms.

ESUSA used to repair products.

Why don't you post the issues and see if it's a quick fix or not?

I have a couple of customers that have been able to repair controller modules, apparently they were finding the cap in each one that had failed.

Never heard of MEC repair but an electronics tech could check the easy stuff without schematics.
    Dingman from Iowa~
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

The Dingman's webpage, featuring the Ding_Z

ESUSA was acquired by JCI in 2000. They still repair this stuff as well as CSI, honeywell and other parts, but it is now just called the JCI repair center. Mostly the same people and same third party repair capabilities.

Apogee Repairs

Give me the part numbers for the Apogee and JC parts that you need repaired. I may be able to help.

Give me the part numbers for the Apogee and JC parts that you need repaired. I may be able to help.

I work with the Johnson Controls Repair Center personnel. See my e-mail address and provide me a list of Siemens and JC parts you would like repaired and I will provide a quote.

Parts repair

By the way the JCI parts repair center (formally ESUSA) is available directly to end users at 1-800-482-2778.

Post Thanks to everyone!!

Have been away for a few days and was delighted to see such a great response to my question. I will be following up on these leads. I have some Dx9100 controllers with possible blown triacs ( BO's not switching), MEC's with faulty communication, open processors with intermittent probs, and some unt/vav controllers with similar concerns. Just hate to throw away if they can be reasonably fixed. I haven't the time or the parts supply to fix them myself or I would. I am located in Canada and i am not sure if i can easily ship back and forth or if it would be worth it. Definitely worth checking into though. Thanks again.

The shipping back and forth can get rather expensive with the duty and customs paperwork if your not doing it on a regular basis and are setup with a good customs broker.

Quote Originally Posted by controlgirl View Post
    I have some Dx9100 controllers with possible blown triacs ( BO's not switching),
    MEC's with faulty communication,
    open processors with intermittent probs, Forget about fixing this.
    and some unt/vav controllers with similar concerns.
    The Triacs could have failed for internal reasons, or because they were overstressed from some external problem, or they could be undersized for the application.
    With factory test setups it could take 1 or 2 hours to troubleshoot & replace the bad parts. Without a factory setup, this probably takes a benchful of expensive special test gear and the whole day, or longer.

Parts repair siemens

http://www.isa-net.com/
    repiars some siemens parts check out web sight