+ Reply to Thread

Thread: hole saw

Post Likes

hole saw

I am looking for a 3 tooth hole saw. I used to be able to find them at bigholer.com. They worked great and where priced right. If anybody knows what happed to them please let me know. Thanks for the help.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jhaak View Post
    I am looking for a 3 tooth hole saw. I used to be able to find them at bigholer.com. They worked great and where priced right. If anybody knows what happed to them please let me know. Thanks for the help.
    for wood or metal? millwaukee and lennox make them

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jhaak View Post
    for wood or metal? millwaukee and lennox make them

Post Likes
    they are for wood. The price was a lot less than the others and they had 3 teeth. Guess they are out of business

Post Likes
    Milwaukee Hawg hole cutters have 3 teeth and work well for wood with their high speed steel cutting tips. For general cutting for HVAC I saw a new set of TCT (tungsten carbide tipped) hole cutter sets that Blue Boar is just starting to produce. The TCT cutters have 3 teeth on the small sizes but increase the number of teeth and the number of slots or gullets on the larger sizes. The extra slots make it much easier to remove the cut plug from the hole saw, and the TCT tips will cut through particle board, OSB, Hardie board, plaster, sheetrock, sheet metal, fiberglass, and even concrete block and ceramic tile. I saw a video of them cutting through all kinds of stuff at www.holepro.com - really great that someone is making hole cutters for the working pro instead of all the DIY tools/toys at the Lowes and Home Depot stores.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in